Sodexo is seeking a General Manager / Chef Manager, for The Jesuit Center, located in Wernersville, Pennsylvania, nearby Reading. The Center offers a variety of retreats and programs and serves as the primary residence of approximately 10-25 Jesuits who are retired or still active in the local community as hospital chaplains, prison chaplains, helping out in a parish ministry, or as members of the Spiritual Growth staff.
The Chef Manager at this community will be involved with and responsible to manage the daily operations of the kitchen, hands on with cooking, provide oversight to catering events, properly manage food and labor costs and have a through working understanding of HACCP, all to exceed resident and client expectations. Best qualified candidate possesses excellent leadership and communication skills. It will be required that this position be hands on during resident and client functions to produce outstanding and high quality food and dining experiences.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations (3 meals daily and catering functions for retreats);
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals (fee account);
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has strong cooking skills with culinary knowledge;
- has a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has two or more years prior food service management experience;
- has the ability to coordinate and plan catering functions for 50-100 ppl (2-3 events per month)
- demonstrates professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Careers in Senior Living:
Working for Sodexo in Senior Living allows you to influence the well-being of seniors in specialized facilities, or in their homes, with customized services, and attentive and compassionate care. Your work has a direct impact on the quality of care provided to residents as well as resident satisfaction at our client sites, helping to create a place that feels like home.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
10: Support workplace inclusion activities
C/S: Culinary focus with ADMIN responsibilities. Limited menu, basic program
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.