Pony.ai is a startup co-located in Silicon Valley and China, and our mission is to revolutionize the future of transportation by building the safest and most reliable technology for autonomous vehicles. Armed with the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, we aim to deliver our technology on a global scale. We believe our work has the potential to transform lives and industries for the better.
- Identify the needs for custom compute from the cutting-edge self-driving algorithms, applications and features
- Define and architect the state of the art custom compute systems to address the performance,power and area challenges in self-driving
- Lead the implementation and prototyping efforts for such designs, coordinate the cross-team collaborations during these processes
- Lead the team to analyze and improve the designs and prototypes
- In charge of the product deployment at the fleet scale
- 5+ years of experience in processor and custom accelerator architecture and designs
- Extensive experience with CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, memory systems, and customized accelerators
- Strong understanding in chip/micro-architecture Power Performance Area (PPA) design trade-offs, and power-frequency optimizations
- Solid hands-on experience with C/C++, HLS, SystemC, Verilog/SystemVerilog, RTL, FPGA synthesis
- CUDA/OpenCL GPU programming would be a plus
- Exceptional analytical ability operating effectively both autonomously and with multi-location teams in an ambiguous environment
- Masters degree required, preferred a Ph.D. degree in computer science or engineering or electrical engineering with a related research focus
- Deep learning, computer vision, sensor related knowledge/experience would be a plus
Pony.ai, Inc. (Pony.ai) is pursuing an ambitious vision for autonomous mobility. We aim to bring safe, sustainable, and accessible mobility to the entire world. We believe that autonomous technology can make our roads exponentially safer for travelers. Founded in late 2016, Pony.ai has been a pioneer in autonomous mobility technologies and services across the U.S. and China, spearheading public-facing Robotaxi pilots in both markets. The company is currently valued at $5.3B and some of its major investors include Toyota, OTPP, Sequoia Capital China, and IDG Capital.