Roper Staffing is looking for an Licensed Life and Health Insurance Agent. (Must be licensed)
- Demonstrates knowledge of all lines of coverage for each client (medical, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, vision, EAP, voluntary coverages, etc.)
- Develops good knowledge of carrier administration guidelines (open enrollment, pre-ex, waiver of premium, COBRA, billing, conversion, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to compliance requirements, e.g., HIPAA, licensing requirements for insurance products.
- Prepares, distributes, and follows up on carrier marketing and evaluates their proposals.
- Prepares and/or assists President and Benefits Specialists in preparing benefit and financial exhibits for presentation
- Assists with or coordinates and conducts carrier/client meetings
- Assists with or coordinates and conducts employee meetings
- Assists clients in preparation of 5500 reports
- Reviews all client contracts for accuracy and ERISA language
- Develops strong relationships with client and carrier representatives
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
- Communication with the President and/or Benefits Specialists
- Communication with the client
- Communication with the carrier
- Manages client expectations by responding promptly to client questions and requests, voice and e-mail messages
- Advises clients of all available options, pros / cons and recommendation, if appropriate
- Ability to work non-traditional hours when required (i.e. out of town employee meetings)
- Takes initiative and ownership with assigned projects; follows through on all aspects of assignment, initiates reminders for information needed to complete tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Mathematic and reasoning skills, including practical problem solving that includes fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, diagrams and schedules.
- Commitment to a team-oriented office environment.
- Internet savvy and proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and GBS.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 3-5 years of related brokerage, benefits consulting and/or carrier experience. (Required)
- South Carolina Life and Health License (Required)
When you're the best, you attract the best!
Whether you're looking for the right employee or seeking employment, when you partner with Roper Staffing, you've partnered with South Carolina's best!
Role: Liscensed Life and Health Insurance Agent
Apply for this job now.