Company: RANDSTAD EDUCATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £70 - £85 per day
Are you ready for a new challenge, helping young adults achieve their full potential?
Are you compassionate and emotionally resilient?
Do you have experience supporting students with complex needs as an SEN Teaching Assistant?
Are you an SEN Teaching Assistant looking for a new start in a new school?
Are you looking for a role to improve your experience whilst having a balanced work/social life?
If you find yourself answering the above questions "yes" then we want to hear from you!
We are recruiting for SEN Teaching assistants for one of our SEN schools in the Plymouth area.
- The ability to choose which days you work and be in control of your own diary.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Working in a vast array of different schools.
- 24 hour on call facility.
- A refer a friend scheme*
- Flexible approach to the work you undertake.
- A motivated consultant with a positive and trustworthy approach to match you to the right school.
The role involves:
- Providing teaching assistance to the teacher defined according to weekly/daily/session planning of the teacher
- Working on a 1:1 basis and in small groups with pupils
- Supporting the general well being of learners within the structure of the school
- Monitoring and evaluating learner's learning under the guidance of the teacher
- Assisting teachers in the use of relevant management strategies to ensure a purposeful environment for teaching and learning to take place
- Supporting all learners in their planned structured work in all curriculum areas
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good interpersonal skills to build positive and appropriate relationships with students and teachers
- Experience of working in a special school environment is desirable, but not essential
- A positive attitude and a passion for working with SEN children
- Own transport
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide satisfactory references.
If you're passionate about working with children and helping pave a way for their future this could be a fantastic opportunity for you, Please forward your CV to