Event Manager and Coordinator Executive Summary The Event Manager and Coordinator is a full time position that includes the management of all things related to the sale and execution of events in each of the company’s venues, including the restaurant, gallery, studio and retail spaces.
The Event Manager and Coordinator will be charged with maintaining existing relationships with event clients and developing new ones, while ensuring that all aspects of the clients needs are looked after and exceeded. They will be responsible for leading and training the service teams on effective event execution and be hands on during events when necessary to ensure client satisfaction. They will be directly accountable for the success of the events department of Palette. This position will report directly to the General Manager of Palette SF.
● Responsible for actively selling events in all available Palette venues
● Responsible for all event planning and coordination
● Responsible for daily operation of all event related functions including: o Ensuring that banquet event orders are complete and posted by their agreed upon due date o Completion of event contracts, including all financial follow-up (taking deposits, etc.) o Space set-up
- Rental coordination
- Scheduling staff in conjunction with the general manager
- Leading effective staff line-ups o Leading event service on the floor o Ensuring client happiness through every step of the process
- Appropriate post-event follow-up to express genuine thanks for the client’s business
● Ensure that client and guest expectations are met and exceeded
● Oversee management, budgeting and operations of private events as well as any pop up dinners, art shows and corporate events
● Provide quality leadership to all support staff during events
● Hands-on style management of each event is fundamental to the success of this position ● Works closely with the Executive Chef and General Manager to create private event or catering menus
● Establishes clear operational standards in regards to event communication procedures and provides the entire management team with clear updates on all events
● Builds and maintains rapport with clients and employees
● Responsible for social media presence in relations to special events at Palette while supporting digital marketing and PR initiatives
The desired candidate needs to be entrepreneurial and visionary while maintaining a hands-on approach to management. The Event Manager and Coordinator must have strong analytical capabilities, mental stamina and the ability to consistently perform at high levels of focus. Additionally, the individual should be well-organized, technology savvy, detail-oriented, and have the ability to effectively delegate responsibilities. Excellent communication skills are essential. It is critical this individual have the innate ability to lead and inspire a group towards achieving a common vision with strong orientation to getting tangible results. Strong background in sales in a must.
● Ability to work alongside an executive team to achieve the company’s collective vision
● Problem solves effectively in a fast-paced environment ● Strong project management skills with attention to detail
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills
● Experience in private dining and events in restaurants specifically
● Demonstrates strong managerial skills, and is responsible for leading and training private dining service team
Under the direction of chef proprietor Peter J. Hemsley, Palette is dynamic fine-dining and art destination in San Francisco featuring a full integrated restaurant, art gallery, artist studio and shop. This multifaceted concept was created with the ambition to playfully explore the relationship/interconnectivity between food, art and community. With an emphasis on hospitality, Palette’s mission is to provide a unique experience through a host of engagements including a dinner club series, art exhibitions, artist collaborations and events.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team player who can join our team and expand responsibilities as the business evolves. If you are a multi-talented leader with restaurant management experience and enjoy a creative environment, we’d like to hear from you.
Role: Event Manager and Coordinator
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.