Company: HUNTER INTERNATIONAL
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job DescriptionLab Technician Huntington, NY$15.50/hr Lab Technician
will join our lab team in Huntington, NY. This position is responsible for receiving test samples in the Laboratory and processing them according to our guidelines.Lab Technician Responsibilities:
Lab Technician Qualifications:
- Documentation and verification of samples and accompanying paperwork
- Processing samples for testing
- Storing samples for retrieval
- Maintaining department cleanliness and safety Adherence to established Quality Control policies and guidelines
- Verify that all required information is presented for entry.
- Responsible to maintain all safe guards as it pertains to Protected health information (PHI)
- Comply with established policies and procedures, objectives, safety, environmental and laboratory control standards.
- Participate in safety training, annual compliance training and any other additional trainings required or assigned.
- Complete additional tasks and assignments as assigned by your supervisor
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, required
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, the physical sciences, or mathematics, highly preferred
o Assistance with obtaining Toxicology licensure in New York State may be provided for employees meeting eligibility requirements
- Experience with Specimen processing is preferred
- Experience in fast paced production environment, highly preferred
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems software (preferred)