Are you an experienced Behaviour Mentor?
Do you want to make a positive impact upon students?
Are you a recent graduate looking to further your career within education?
Teaching Personnel are working on behalf of our client secondary academy, who are seeking to appoint a Behaviour Mentor. Within this role, you will be supporting academic staff by working 1:1 both inside and out of the classroom, with students who display challenging behaviour. You must be confident and have the ability to manage behaviour and be able to support disengaged students.
You will be expected to have difficult conversations with the students when necessary and work in a small groups or a 1:1 setting. Although this role may be challenging, it is incredibly rewarding, and we are hoping to appoint someone who is able to form a strong relationship with these pupils and build a great rapport.
The Ideal Candidate
- Outgoing, resilient, and calm natured
- Confident to work on their own and as part of a team
- Maths and English skills, to enable effective support for students with Functional Skills Maths and English.
- Willing to support in both practical and support-based workshops
- Confident to report back to Line Manager, on a daily basis on progress so students can be monitored and assessed
- Must be willing to apply for a Child Workforce Only DBS, which is on the update service
- Secondary Academy in Central Nottingham, split across two campuses
- The ethos of the school surrounds respect for yourself, each other and, the community and environment
- Aims for Staff, Governors, Pupils and Parents to work together to collectively strive for excellence and academic achievement
- A pleasant learning environment in which a stimulating, accessible and appropriate curriculum can be delivered
Teaching Personnel benefits:
- Provide you with your own personal and dedicated recruitment consultant equipped with specialist sector knowledge and on hand to give advice and guidance throughout.
- Access to our unique CPD academy
- Fantastic rates of pay through PAYE
- Refer a friend scheme
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply via this advert with your up-to-date CV and supporting statement.