Location: Remote (US or International)
Duration: Estimated through December 31, 2021
Hours: 40 hours per week
Job Description Summary:
The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking a contract Technical Recruiter to join our global recruiting team in supporting hiring across all technical functions of the organization. This is a high touch position requiring a passion for developing strong internal and external relationships, providing flawless candidate experiences, utilizing creative sourcing strategies and critical thinking skills when assessing talent. We value, and have made progress in, building a diverse team at Wikimedia and would like to intentionally grow our team to continue fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace across the foundation.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for assigned positions: shepherding and supporting the process appropriately in order to meet hiring goals (from assisting hiring managers with job description development, screening/sourcing, interview phase through to offer negotiation and close).
- Screen inbound applicants and identify and engage passive candidates through creative sourcing techniques with mindfulness around building a more diverse pipeline and maintaining a consistent and inclusive interview process.
- Lead kick-off meetings, regular check-ins and debriefs with hiring managers and interview teams to calibrate as needed.
- Ensure we provide a thoughtful, genuine and memorable candidate experience.
- Flexibility to support the existing recruiting team as needed to work with various departments and business functions to build relationships across the organization.
- Ability to learn and uphold internal processes and steward inclusive hiring practices with care and attention to detail.
- Support outreach efforts via recruiting conferences, career fairs and workshops via strategic networking opportunities.
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience in technical roles.
- Extensive experience screening, sourcing, interviewing, negotiating with and closing top candidates.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships and establish trust and credibility quickly by maintaining clear, authentic and proactive communication.
- Organized and diligent by nature with a self-starter mentality and strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Value the importance of having a deep understanding and context for the roles and hiring teams you support.
- Experience and willingness to recruit for both technical and non-technical roles.
- Global hiring experience a plus; ability to support different time zones is a must.
- Experience using Greenhouse and utilizing sourcing tools a plus.
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at #removed# or #removed#.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack