Job title: Senior Technician
Location: South West - Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, Weston Super Mare, Gloucester, Stroud, Chepstow, Newport
Job type: Construction - Housebuilding
Salary / Rate: Negotiable (commensurate with experience)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experience Senior Technician to join well-established developer that has been building new homes for over 50 years. A company firmly established as a market leader with a passion for building high quality new homes, whilst also creating vibrant, sustainable communities. When joining this business your career will be both challenging and rewarding, with large investments in your learning and development.
As Senior Technician, you will be supporting the Technical Manager, assisting and overseeing technicians within the team to maintain the existing ranges of house type designs. You will be assisting in the production of new and existing national house type ranges, development of specifications and standard details to be used throughout the regional offices.
You will be:
- Providing technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and Sales departments and maintaining good communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Updating existing House Type ranges with recommended or required improvements.
- Maintaining good understanding of Building Regulations.
- Ensure relevant and up-to-date experience & knowledge of CAD and BIM is maintained through personal development.
- Attend meetings with external consultants and suppliers as required.
- Review and improve existing construction details and ensure updated drawings are issued.
- Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing working drawings.
- Carry out site visits to inspect house types and discuss construction issues.
Minimum of 4 year's experience as a Technician within the Housebuilding sector
Excellent knowledge & use of CAD and BIM
Good understanding of building regulations
Strong communication skills
What's in it for you?
Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
Company Car / Car allowance
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker.
Key Skills: Technician, Architectural Technician, CAD technician, BIM, Housing, Housebuilding, New Homes, Housing Developer