Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: Competitive salary
This role will be instrumental in setting and delivering a robust manufacturing strategy for Selby that is aligned to the commercial objectives of both the Food for Later Business Unit and the overall group.
- The General Manager will lead across all functions at Selby contributing to the overall direction and performance of the Food for Later Business Unit
- Responsible for designing, setting and delivering the manufacturing strategy
- Provide robust people leadership, development and direction at Selby to ensure all colleagues are capable, engaged, focused and delivering
- Ensure all functions across the site have measurable objectives, regular reviews of performance and the opportunity to grow, leading to a culture of high performance and high engagement
- Champion key standards across Health & Safety, Quality and Service
- Deliver year on year improvement on cost through our business improvement and capital programmes
- Operate within a matrix organisational structure to build great relationships and share best practice
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda. What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Substantial experience leading, inspiring and developing cross functional teams having held a similar role in a fast-paced consumer goods environment
- Prior experience in food manufacturing, particularly chilled ready meals is advantageous but not essential
- Successful track record of driving, implementing and embedding change
- Someone who is a commercial astute operations leader with a significant focus on colleagues and the end customer
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success. What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.