ACEnT Laboratories is now accepting resumes for an experienced Aerospace Mechanical Technician to join our team in Hampton, VA. The work will be primarily on-site at the NASA Langley Research Center supporting testing of advanced aerospace systems.
ACEnT Laboratories is an advanced research and development company working at the cutting edge of aerospace and clean energy technology development. The team is supporting several exciting aerospace and defense projects relating to hypersonics and is anticipating the need to add several staff positions over the next several months. Opportunities exist in Bohemia, NY and Hampton, VA including positions at the NASA Langley Research Center.
Working as part of a team of engineers and technicians, the job recipient would carry out assembly and integration of mechanical systems including high pressure fluid systems, combustion devices and aerospace test articles. Experience with process piping and related components required. Experience with wind tunnels and/or propulsion test cells, light fabrication and flight hardware a plus. 2-4 year Technical degree or at least five years relevant technical experience. Military mechanical background a plus.
· High-pressure stainless tubing fabrication, flared and Swagelok; experience in orbital tube welding a plus
· High and low pressure piping fabrication and installation, pipe threading ¼” - 4”
· Experience in operating and maintaining rotating machinery, hydraulic, pneumatic and nitrogen system, pumps, valves and cooling water systems
· Must have or have the ability to achieve proficiency in constructing custom fluid system pallets or modification of current systems
· Must be able to perform work in compliance with relevant technical drawings and specifications
Position requires US citizenship and eligibility to obtain a DOD security clearance and pass a required background investigation. Candidates with active or recent clearances are preferred.
ACEnT Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Role: Aerospace Mechanical Technician
Apply for this job now.