We have a unique and dynamic position we are looking to fill. This position is responsible for a multitude of daily activities. The position is mostly warehouse work but there is a coordination component as well. Previous experience at an electrical supply house would be beneficial, but not required. The warehouse work consists of the following;
- Warehouse organization, cleanup and maintenance.
- Materials not delivered directly to the job-site are stored in our warehouse. You will receive these orders, verify the order matches the purchase order, is complete and not damaged, deliver the paperwork to the office, and store the material in the designated area.
- When projects demobilize, miscellaneous materials are returned to the shop. These materials must be organized and reviewed with the office to confirm if they are to be put into stock or returned to the vendor.
- For new or ongoing projects, materials must be pulled from stock when available.
- Operating a forklift and pallet jack.
- Track tool and equipment inventory.
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning on tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Facilitate repairs for tools, vehicles and other equipment if unable to perform in-house.
The coordinator component consists of the following;
- Maintain communication with project managers, office staff, and foreman.
- Ensure materials, tools and equipment are available or delivered as scheduled.
- Occasional material pick up and deliveries, and assisting field personal as directed.
- Occasional project site organization and maintenance.
The below qualities are indispensable to ensure success in this position;
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Take direction well.
- Possess good communication skills. You will be communicating and coordinating with and between foreman and office staff. You must be forthright and ask questions when you have them.
- Possess basic mechanical skills. You should be comfortable utilizing basic hand tools,and small power tools, such as a cordless drill.
- Must be in decent physical condition, you will be on your feet a lot and some days can be labor intensive.
Compensation is based on experience. All successful candidates must have a valid, clean driver's license. Someone in this position is typically working 3-5 days per week.
As a leading and long respected Western New York commercial and industrial electrical construction and maintenance contractor we benefit from valued relationships, an excellent reputation, and our team of focused professionals, many of which have been with us for over 20 years. We have the pleasure and responsibility of serving a myriad of loyal customers, including local and national corporations, institutions, and general contractors.
Role: Warehouse & Maintenance Manager - Electrical Construction Contractor
Apply for this job now.