Science Teacher - Full Time - Starting January 2021
Are you an experienced teacher or newly qualified teacher looking for your next position?
If so, keep reading!
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting on the behalf of our client secondary academy who are looking to recruit a teacher of Science starting in January 2021. This will be a temporary, long-term position, teaching general Science across KS3 and KS4 students.
- Full time position
- You will be required to teach general Science to secondary school pupils between the ages of 11-16 years (KS3 and KS4)
- Preparing and planning for lessons with marking required
- Following and promoting the school curriculum and pushing for highest attainment
- Competitive rates of pay (after 12 weeks: AWR rate, paid to the scale the school would pay at directly)
Requirements for the role
- Must have QTS and experience teaching general Science to GCSE
- Willingness to take on some intervention groups and booster sessions
- Strong behaviour management with experience working with SEN pupils a preference
- Will have excellent subject knowledge and a desire to provide the best education to pupils
- Will be required to apply for a Child Workforce DBS, if you do not already have one on the update service
- Recent Ofsted 'Good' in all areas
- Grade 5 or above in English and Maths GCSEs at 46%, above both the national average of 43%
- A morally driven school, who believe in the highest levels of success for all children regardless of their background
- Proud of their ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with parents, pupils and staff
- Offer great quality support and education to pupils, with lots of extra curricular activities and booster classes in place ensuring pupils are encouraged to reach their full potential
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear about our other vacancies, register your details with us now and send through your CV and we will be in touch very soon.