As part of a contracted effort, will support the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) for Health Services and Policy Oversight (HSP&O) and the Director, Defense Health Agency (DHA), in their missions of policy and program development and oversight of the Disability Evaluation System (DES), the Special Compensation for Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (SCAADL), the Physical Disability Board of Review, and the Compensation and Benefits Handbook. This work will facilitate the Military Departments’ integrated delivery of services and benefits for wounded, injured and ill Service members who may be physically unfit to continue their military service and will support efforts to minimize the impact this population has on the readiness and lethality of the force.
· Performs duties under the guidance of the Program Manager and serves as the contract representative for the government client in absence of the Program Manager.
· Serves as the liaison between the government Leadership, Program Manager and contract staff.
· Facilitates timely and accurate information flow between government client, the Program Manager, government and contract staff, and contract company leaders throughout the scope of the project.
· Provide input regarding the budget to ensure usage and documentation is within contract requirement guidelines.
· Ensures full compliance with all contract requirements, schedules and provisions.
· Assist with the management and supervision of a team of approximately 30 individuals to ensure completion of the following tasks on time and at a high level of customer satisfaction.
a. Strategic planning and policy development. Research and compare existing and recommend new guidance and or revise programs.
b. Strategic planning, policy development, research, and monitoring execution.
c. Operational monitoring, evaluation, and documentation of program performance, coordination with internal and external organizations and federal agencies to synchronize and expand services and dissemination of program information.
d. Data analysis and analytical reporting and/or studies in support of recurrent or new requirements; provide standardized and ad hoc reports as well as analysis and reports to inform the policy decision making process.
e. Quality assurance of the DES, to include development of quality assurance policies and procedures, oversight of quality assurance activities, analysis of outcomes, and reporting.
f. Administrative support to include meeting planning and coordination, reception desk, mail services, maintaining rosters and suspense logs.
Other Job Requirements
Experience with DoD’s Disability Evaluation System (DES) either as a Military Department Medical Evaluation Board, Physical Evaluation Board member or DES program manager/staff officer; or experience as a contractor supporting DoD’s or a Military Departments’ DES; Experience as a Staff officer at the OSD or Military Department level
At least 3 years of program management experience; Lean Six Sigma Certification.
General Job Information
Deputy Program Manager
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.