Role: Service Design Lead
Rate: £600/day (Umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
CV Deadline: 9th June
The Senior Service Designer will support the development and execution of user-led service design across a range of products and services. They will help users complete their goals across a variety of outlets including policy or health systems. Experienced in user-centred design, they will be able to advocate for the most effective channels for each challenge. They will help teams ensure the user is at the heart of what we do and support effective delivery.
As a Senior Service Designer, you'll be expected to ensure quality, innovation and creativity in how we approach all aspects of service design as part of product delivery. As an experienced practitioner, you'll also identify and bring inspiration and best practices from the service design community to shape and improve how we work.
- Identify and build strong relationships with stakeholders across large-scale and high-profile projects, influencing and collaborating with them to improve user-centred design and delivery
- Lead a talented, multidisciplinary team through each stage of the design process to design user focused and successful services.
- Use service design methodologies to codesign new solutions
- Uncover and articulate insights helping the team read between the lines and discover latent needs
- Create an environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and best practice between members of the community
- Role model the use of qualitative and quantitative insights to make robust evidence-based and user-centric design decisions
- Provide leadership, defining “what good looks like” and best practice
- Review and provide direction on the work of other service designers
- Manage relationships between your team and others to ensure consistency and share good practice.
We're interested in people with skills in:
- Connecting insights and information drawn from research into an inspirational and useful foundation for design, including service opportunities and design principles.
- Making complex language and processes easy to understand
- Creating lightweight prototypes of ideas and concepts which move the team toward solving a common outcome for users
- Applying strategic and effective thinking to design which balance user needs, stakeholder goals and provide services in the appropriate format
- Building relationships with stakeholders to understand their goals and working with them to improve user journeys and the overall experience
- Managing multiple projects and adapting to changing priorities and deadlines
- Providing feedback to and mentoring others to make sure they're delivering quality work
- Significant experience of service design within either a government, health or social care setting
- Experience of Government Digital Service methodologies
- Experience of working within constraints and the ability to identify challenge where required.
- Knowledge of best practices in service design.
- Confident communicator: able to persuade, negotiate, influence and collaborate
- Good time management and the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to get to the heart of an issue, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on #removed#