Are you searching for a long-term career position with a strong company offering a solid track record of success? If you have the qualities necessary to become a UniFirst team partner, and the technical skill-set to succeed, then this is an opportunity for you to join our growing company!
Summary - This role will repair, maintain, install, and troubleshoot industrial equipment, systems, and components; including but not limited to: large capacity washers and dryers, pneumatic and steam systems, conveyor systems, and boilers. They will perform preventive / predictive maintenance, address safety issues, and complete various maintenance project tasks.
- Troubleshoots sources of equipment problems by observing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems equipment and component devices in the operation; uses precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Assists other maintenance personnel with emergency and non-emergency repairs.
- Inspects motors and belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, and performs other maintenance actions while following maintenance procedures.
- Performs various welding activities including MIG, TIG, ARC, cutting, and brazing.
- Troubleshoots and repairs Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and associated control systems.
- Performs boiler chemical testing; records result in log books; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- Performs daily and weekly safety checks on boilers and makes necessary repairs.
- Performs wastewater pretreatment system testing; record results in logbooks; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of location equipment per work procedures or technical manual.
- Inspects motors and belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, and performs other maintenance actions while following maintenance records.
- Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- High school diploma or GED required.Two-year technical degree in an appropriate background preferred.
- Equipment Maintenance Knowledge – Minimum of 1 year work experience repairing industrial processing equipment in a production environment required.Applicable military experience will be considered.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics required.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed in English required.
- Basic computer and Microsoft office skills required.
- Experience using Hand & Power tools required.
- Lockout/Tagout experience required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
UniFirst is one of North America’s largest workwear and textile service companies, providing managed uniform, protective clothing, and custom corporate image apparel programs to businesses in diverse industries. Our Core Values of Customer Focus, Respect for Others, and Commitment to Quality are what has made UniFirst successful since 1936.
Join the team that puts customers and your future first – UniFirst.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package of over 50 items with the following benefits highlighted:
• 401K with Company match
• Profit Sharing
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Sick Time
• Paid Holidays
• Direct Payroll Deposit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 30% Employee Discount on UniFirst products
• Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws