Brand new role and we're expanding in a global recession! We design niche special purpose machinery in Rutland and we want you to become an expert on our equipment. You're an experienced Electrical Design Engineer who has designed any form of motor-controlled machinery or equipment / control panels and wants to develop your career. Maybe manage a team?
BASIC SALARY: Up to £35,000 dependant on your practical electrical design experience
· 24 Days Holiday to start (rising on service) plus 8 Bank Holidays
· Flexible Working, after probation
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Melton Mowbray, Oakham, Corby, Peterborough, Grantham, Stamford, Market Harborough, Leicester, Kettering, Peterborough
Why you should join us:
· Our parent company is a multi-billion turnover global organisation who have supported us to double our turnover in three years
· We're an OEM who design & manufacture own our niche machinery and equipment, so you'll be challenged on designing cutting edge electrical motors, control panels and battery technology
· After passing your probation you'll be offered flexible working hours and office/home working which gives you a much better work life balance
JOB DESCRIPTION: Electrical Design Engineer : special purpose machinery - control systems
We need an Electrical Design Engineer to bring us the in-house Electrical skills for motor controls that we don't currently have - are you that Electrical Design Engineer?
Our design engineering team will be five in total. Made up of 4 experienced Design Engineers - including the Design Manger, who joined us a Design Engineer and was promoted within. You'll also be supported by a Design Administrator. From a design and project point of view you will be well supported internally, but we need your experience of electrical design to help us grow as a business.
The existing design team are experienced engineers with a real passion for R&D and a flair for innovation - you can help us to stay ahead of our competition as we develop new machinery.
As a business, we're looking to hire an experienced Electrical Design Engineer, you'll help us to transfer our existing machinery from traditional combustion engines to electrical drives/motors and lithium battery technology in the next few years. It's all changing. Help us stay ahead of the curve.
As we currently outsource our electronic/PCB design as well, any appreciation you have of that would also be great. As would any software / controls knowledge (maybe gained from education or experience?)
Your main responsibilities: Electrical Design Engineer : special purpose machinery - control systems
· Bring the necessary Electrical Design Engineering experience to our business
· Electrical Design & Development experience of motor controls. control panel design, wiring diagrams etc
· Electrical design specifications, design layouts and Bill of Materials
· Electrical test of sub- systems and the finished machines
Your Background: Electrical Design Engineer : special purpose machinery - control systems
· You will have proven electrical design and development experience of motor controls gained from designing some form of machinery, equipment or vehicle. We are really open on this. If you have designed a tail-lift, you could transfer that knowledge to designing a crane, roller shutter door, lifting platform, winch, conveyor belt, an EV or