Role: Electronic Design Engineer - Test Equipment
Industry: Aerospace & Defence
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
My client, a market leading engineering company who specialise in aerospace and defence are offering the successful candidate a stable and lucrative career within their business. They are currently looking to recruit an Electronic Design Engineer to be responsible for the development of application specific electronic and electrical solutions, from concept to design, for integration into complex Test Equipment Systems.
- Responsible for the definition, development, integration, validation/verification
- Demonstrate current knowledge and application of safety and industry standards and guidelines in the design and integration of electronic and electrical solutions into Test Equipment Systems
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of: top-level architecture, requirements definition, concept, design, verification & validation methods and final release for Test Systems.
- Assist the Test Equipment Design Manager with the definition of electronic/ electrical solutions
- Prepare and release documentation in support of the Test Equipment Common Development Process
- Maintain and release Documentation during maintenance or upgrade activities
- Identify appropriate training courses to maintain electronic / electrical capabilities
- Support Root Cause investigations into all aspects of the Test Equipment System
- Ensure all Health & Safety practices are followed
- Support internal and external Quality Audits
- Actively participate in 5S activities
Skills and Background:
- Bachelor Degree, preferably a Masters, in a relevant Electronic/ Electrical subject area as a minimum
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the development of Electronic/Electrical solutions for multi-axis, closed loop, servo-hydraulic and electromechanical Test Systems.
- Experience in one or more of the following: eCAD, PCB Software, LabView, DOORS, JIRA, MatLab and SubVersion is advantageous.
- Demonstrable commercial experience of analogue and digital electronics design.
- Knowledge of PC operating platforms (DOS/ Windows/ Microsoft Environments) and Low-Level Programming (C++, Visual Basic)
- Proficient in the use of diagnostic equipment to fault find electronic and electrical issues from first principles.
- Must be able to obtain UK Security Clearance
For further details, please contact Kyle Edmond by email on #removed# - or by phone on 01453 852 563.