Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing and unmanned aerial vehicles.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Helper
Responsible for providing general maintenance duties to the buildings, grounds, equipment and furnishings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides assistance in delivering preventive maintenance for the building, equipment, and grounds.
• Performs repairs under the supervision of the maintenance mechanic and within area of expertise including, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting and in accordance to accepted codes.
• Assists in the inspection of the physical plant, furnishings and equipment on a regular basis identifying needed repairs or improvements.
• Performs shop floor care on an ongoing basis, including offices and lavatories
• Removes trash and metal chips to proper areas for disposition
• Ensures that outdoor walking areas and parking lot are clean, in good repair and free of debris and snow and ice.
• Maintains grounds in a professional, well groomed manner by performing grounds maintenance on a regular basis.
• Assists in lifting and transporting heavy objects
• Coordinates maintenance services with other departments.
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums surfaces daily.
• Empties trash and garbage containers.
• Maintains building, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing and other related maintenance activities.
• Removes empty pallets from shop floor and move scrap barrels.
• Replaces air conditioning filters.
• Completes all required training.
• Regularly reviews and follows all ISO documentation relating to the quality system.
• Responsible for maintain a clean and safe working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting employee health and safety and using proper safety techniques.
• Perform related duties as requested.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
• Experience using tools, power equipment, cleaning products and material handling equipment
• Ability to multi-task and follow directions is critical
• Ability to follow safety and operating procedures required
• Proven awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Demonstrated ability to follow safety practices and recognize hazards.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Bi-Lingual preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to meet attendance standards as defined in company policies required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
• May regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.