An established tier one automotive supplier is currently seeking a Quality Engineer
for their growing quality group. This company supplies automotive components to General Motors, Ford, Chrysler and several other world leading automotive companies and is targeting someone with prior experience working with welded components.Responsibilities
- Coordinates the development of standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Acts as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Engineering Change/Process Change coordinator.
- Reviews supplier PPAP packages and corrective action packages as necessary.
- Develop, organize, and maintain systems used to verify product conformance to accepted quality standards.
- Participates in new program/manufacturing plan (launch) meetings.
- Build quality into the product and process through the use of APQP tools
- Generate inspection plans, reporting formats, or performance indicators for specific process areas.
- Investigates/supports corrective action activities required by either internal or external customer concerns
- Review of TS16949 documentation, instructions, procedures and quality manuals, and ensuring operations is in compliance
- Any degree is preferred but not required
- 3+ years of quality experience in the automotive industry.
- Working knowledge of PPAP, APQP, and other quality tools.
- Experience with welded components
- Blue Print Reading
- Strong GD&T skills
- Salary between $75,000-$87,000 (contingent on experience)
Role: Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.