SUPERINTENDENT | CONSTRUCTION | TENANT IMPROVEMENT | SF
Represented by Wentworth Executive Recruiting, Retained Search, Carol Ann Wentworth, CEO
Premier tenant improvement - office interiors Construction Company in SF is growing and we are adding a NEW Superintendent role to the team! The company culture is supportive, empowering and the President/Owner of the company leads with Integrity and a great sense of humor. A very positive work environment.
Position Title: Superintendent
The Superintendent provides the leadership, planning, organization, coordination, control, and direction in the management of field construction and related activities to meet the profit and growth objectives of the company. The Superintendent provides the leadership to maintain the integrity, consistency, and cost-effectiveness of field construction-related activities for the company and provides the direction to assure the highest quality field construction standards expected by the company customers consistent with cost considerations.
The Superintendent will be responsible to:
· To make purchases of material, operating supplies and to rent tools and equipment to meet the job requirements.
· To implement and enforce approved company operating policies and procedures at the job site of assigned projects.
· To provide general supervision to subcontractors on the job, and to provide direction to any employees assigned to the job in the accomplishment of their assigned duties.
The Superintendent reports to the V.P. Construction Operations as well as the ProjectManager responsible for the assigned project.
· The Foreman and Laborers on the Superintendent’s projects report to the Superintendent who has responsibility for the project.
· Must have at least 5 years of experience working in field construction, tenant improvements/office interiors a plus.
· Education: High School Diploma.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management a plus.
· Skills: Should possess strong leadership and organizational skills; be able to effectively direct the efforts of field and subcontractors to meet deadlines while maintaining the ability to shift priorities rapidly to accommodate various workload changes.
· Physical: Must be dexterous and able to work in close quarters, and to be able to walk and
· stand for long periods of time.
· Working Conditions: Must be able to report to the job sites each workday; have a valid driver’s license, and to work reasonable overtime if required to meet the job requirements.
- It is the responsibility of the Superintendent to perform his/her duties in the spirit of the company's Mission Statement and provide excellent services and the very best value for our customers.
- The Superintendent has the responsibility for the daily operations of the field construction to meet the contractual commitments of the company for assigned projects.
- For providing on-time delivery of quality products.
- For providing a clean, secure, and safe work environment for all field employees and subcontractors, and a safe environment for the community.
- For assuring that all employees are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- For assuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to, health and safety regulations.
- The Superintendent provides day-to-day supervision for all field personnel andsubcontractors working on assigned projects.
- Frequently checks with subcontractors to assure they are ready to do their job, and schedule them as required for the job.
- The Superintendent participates in Job Start-Up (Kick Off) meeting with the project
- A thorough review of the project drawings.
- Review of the job schedule.
- Discussion relative to the subcontractors for the job.
- Discussion relative to phasing and/or special conditions.
- Takes care to assure that all measurements on drawings or other documents are correct, makes corrections where appropriate and advises the PM, architect, engineer and/or other responsible parties of such corrections.
- Ensures that all pertinent information is obtained and the Scope of Work is clearly understood.
- Discusses with the Project Manager the needed equipment, material, and supplies required for the efficient and orderly completion of the project.
- Resolves all construction problems, either directly or with the assistance of the Project
The Superintendent performs other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- The Superintendent will hold daily huddle with all project foremen on site.
- The Superintendent will work diligently to achieve a zero punch list.
- The Superintendent will produce an “items to complete” list two weeks before punch walk.
- An office will be set up at the job site.
- This includes: Set up files by divisions for all subcontractors to coincide with the office.
- Coordinate equipment requirements.
- Perform safety postings and all paperwork requirements by OSHA, i.e., MSDS, OSHA reports.
- Coordination of Trades. All subcontractors will be contacted before job start to sign all of the forms for job and safety regulations.
- Coordinate work with all subcontractors to maintain job schedule.
- Conduct weekly job meetings with subcontractors and prepare minutes for typing and distributing by the project administrator.
- Provide a copy of the next two-week schedule to the subcontractors.
- Paperwork: Keep accurate daily log documenting all pertinent information pertaining to job events, correspondence with inspectors, architects, owner(s) and any visitors to a job site. The Daily Logs must be turned in each Wednesday morning with the time sheets.
- Change Orders. Document all T&M change orders.
- Keep track of time and material and attach material back up to the ticket.
- Contact the Project Manager for approval before signing subcontractor’s ticket, and check for material, labor, description, date, job number or purchase order.
- Sign the subcontractor’s ticket; verify time only. Get the owner, or owner’s representative, to sign the ticket with all pertinent information attached, prior to performing the work, or get the Project Manager’s approval before proceeding with the work.
Wentworth Executive Recruiting is a RETAINED - Exclusive search firm that works directly with the Hiring Managers of the company. We have a 'mindful' approach to working with our clients as well as our candidates.
Role: SUPERINTENDENT - CONSTRUCTION - TENANT IMPROVEMENT
Location: Redwood City,
Apply for this job now.