Residential Care Worker
Salary: up to £24,919 dependent on experience
Hours: 7 on, 7 off. 07:30 - 22:00 plus 2 on call sleep ins per week. One day off in the 7 days will be provided and all accommodation and food is supplied.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
If you have been affected by Covid-19 and you are looking for a secure job, we may have the role for you! We are happy to review candidates who do not necessarily have Residential care experience. If you have worked within a role where skills such as de-escalation, helping with challenging behaviour and keeping calm under pressure were utilised, please do apply.
Oathill Lodge is an Ofsted 'Good' registered, independent children's home offering residential care for children & young people aged 8-17 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The 7 bedded home, set in a rural location in Oxfordshire offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Oathill Lodge is within commutable distance from Banbury, Charlbury, Kingham, Oxford, Bicester, Aylesbury and other surrounding towns and villages.
Otcomes First Group Children's Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children's homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Who we are looking for?
Oathill Lodge are looking for candidates who can use their interests to engage with the children we work with. If you love boxing, sports, cooking, animals, hair and beauty, orienteering, video games etc. and you are a confident person, who has engaged with challenging behaviour, we would love to hear from you. Our children need support workers who are caring and empathetic but also supportive and reliable and who can confidently take control of a challenging situation to show our children and young people they are safe and secure.
Benefits of working for us:
- 20 paid Holiday days, this equates to 3 weeks off 3 times a year- taking into consideration the rota pattern
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- No two days are ever the same
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Job Summary and Duties:
This role is offered on a full time basis. This role would suit an experienced support worker, or someone looking to start their career in the Health and Social Care sector.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting the young people's emotional needs throughout the shift, managing their routine and any challenging behaviour
- Undertaking a range of domestic duties to include washing, ironing, cleaning, making and preparing breakfast / lunch / dinner.
- Building positive and appropriate working relationships with the young people and using effective strategies to manage behaviour
- Communicating with the wider care team to promote consistency throughout the home
This role is offered on a permanent contract.
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes:
- You must hold or be willing to work towards a Le