Full Charge BookkeeperCompensation:
$21.38 to $24.75 hourly
Experienced in accounting as a Full Charge Bookkeeper? Interested in taking on new challenges and opportunities to further your career? If you're looking for work as a Full Charge Bookkeeper in the Wholesale Distribution industry, you might be the candidates Robert Half is looking for to prepare and process financial statements and accounts and manage all general accounting and bookkeeping essential functions. This position will require excellent organizational skills, strong communication tactics, and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines. This long-term contract to hire Full Charge Bookkeeper opportunity is based in Baltimore, Maryland.
What you get to do every single day
- Completing bank and general ledger reconciliations; processing payroll
- Preserving historical records through accurate filing of documents
- Following progress of fixed assets to prepare depreciation schedules
- Studying and adhering to federal, state, and local legal requirements, filing reports, and detailing needed actions to management
- Ensuring monthly, quarterly and year end close happens accurately and on time
- Overseeing accounting clerks and entry-level bookkeepers
- Preparing the trial balance and financial statements, including, but not limited to, balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows
- Performing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, including collectionsJob Requirements:
- Be able to adapt and thrive in constantly changing environments
- Aptitude for analyzing financial data and generating accurate reports in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, AA degree or higher in Accounting or Business preferred
- Experienced in accrual and cash basis of accounting
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Earlier work involving Excel, Quickbooks, and Peachtree
- Payroll experience preferred
- Expense Reconciliation experience preferred
- Deep understanding of Credit Card Reconciliation
- Bank reconciliations experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Full Cycle Payroll
- Proven knowledge of account reconciliation
- Well-founded grasp of month end closings
- Expertise in Accounts Payable (AP)
- General familiarity with year end closings
- Highly organized, attentive, has a sense of urgency, flexible and able to deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.