Year 5 Teacher
£130-£145 per day (Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications). The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are to hold QTS and have recent classroom experience in KS2.
Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Year 5 Teacher to work at a lovely, two-form entry school in Hackney. The successful Year 5 Teacher will be required to have recent experience in KS2 and be confident with behaviour management. Starting in January, this is a full-time position and will be contracted until the current academic year. This is an opportunity not to be missed for a Year 5 teacher looking to work within an inner-city school, amongst a close-knit community of pupils and parents.
- Year 5 Teacher
- Managing a class of approximately 30 students
- Planning interactive and engaging lessons
- Confidence with managing mild behaviour
- Full-time role
- Hackney (N16)
- Students actively engage in Music, Arts, Sport and Drama
- 'Good' School
- Two-form entry
- The school is near by to various bus stops and transport links
To be considered for the Year 5 Teacher position, you will have:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent curriculum
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Confident with behaviour management
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online Edu Care training package, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Year 5 Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary team on 0207 065 7500.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to socia