Main activities :
General layout CAD Designer:
- Creating and modifying of the PDMS 3D-Model, by modelling
- components and equipments,
- civil works,
- pipe, routing,
- HVAC ducts and components,
- Electrical cable trays, boxes and cabinets according to the input data and drawings, provided and ensuring that the tractability is maintained throughout the model.
- Carrying out layout engineering
- Incorporates the changes into the 3D model,
- In the event of any technical problems or deviations, informs the Building Layout Leader, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model. Produces 2D drawings associated with layout
- Performing of 2D-3D-Checks (3D-Model check against P&ID, Single line diagrams etc.)
- Performing component introduction, installation or maintenance simulations; preparing layout studies.
- Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules
- Knowledge of the technical constraints associated with plant layout / plant design
- Knows how to deal with design and layout constraints
- Experience in plant layout engineering
- Mechanical engineering technician OR higher education
- Design office experience – Knowledge of several areas of engineering (pipework,HVAC, electricity, civil engineering, etc.)
- PDMS and Auto-CAD experience
- Experience in the nuclear sector
Location: Bristol, UK
Software and tools:
- PDMS 3D Design
Language(s): Fluent in English, French desirable.
Role: Civil and Layout CAD Designer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bristol, South West
Apply for this job now.