Job Description of the Automotive Technician:
- Complete preventative maintenance checks and service on all vehicles.
- Perform diagnosis and repair on brake systems.
- Perform and repair of electrical systems.
- Perform diagnosis and repair of air conditioning/heating systems.
- Respond to road calls as needed.
- Remain abreast of changes and trends in the industry.
- Accept other associates responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Job Requirements of the Automotive Technician:
- 1 to 2 years of preferred experience as a mechanic and or one year of confirmed experience after successful completion of an industry recognized trade school or college.
- Strong background in electrical, air conditioning, heating, braking and power train systems, including diagnosis repair.
- Certification for procurement/purchasing or refrigerant type gasses.
- Must be flxible to travel to various other company sites.
- Must have adequate amount of tools to perform described duties.
- Must meet requirements of core job functions and qualification standards for Mechanics.
- Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift 50 to 100 often.
- Employee frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands.
Benefits of the Automotive Technician:
- Uniforms provided
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life options after 30 days of employment
- Paid Vacation
A-TEC Ambulance, Inc. is a private Chicago ambulance company that services seven major hospitals and over 70 nursing homes in the Chicagoland area. A-TEC has on average 40 vehicles on the road daily providing non-emergency and emergency ambulance services and transports. A-TEC has the ability to provide medical transport to people that can walk or those who are in in wheelchairs all the way to Critical Care requests. Maintenance to supply repair and service to over 50 vehicles all together. We are currently seeking an Automotive Technician. A-TEC strives to create a family enviornment in which each staff member can develop into the most capable, compassionate and professional EMS staff around. Multiple ways to learn and grow, supported by thoughtful management staff.
Role: Automotive Technician
Location: Crystal Lake,
Apply for this job now.