Company: GOODMAN MASSON
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £32,000 per annum
A Leading Housing Association is looking for an Assistant Manager--Carpentry & General Trade to join their company on a permanent basis
You will be assisting the carpentry & general trade manager in co-ordinating the repairs process, carrying out pre inspections to specify works, arranging referrals to planned works and/or specialist contractors where needed.
- Work closely with the carpentry & general trade manager to ensure all repairs, works orders and queries are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in providing and monitoring KPI data for the service area and contribute to implementing improvements and/or taking corrective action.
- Liaise with the scheduling team to maximise the productivity of the operatives, in line with our repair's responsibilities.
- Assist with the pre-inspection of responsive repair works for specifying works as required, in line with agreed policies and procedures. Compiling and submitting referral reports to planned works and/or specialist contractors, where required.
- Complete post inspections of responsive repair work to check quality, cost, timescale, compliance, and good customer service was provided.
- Undertake damp & mould inspections in line with housing ombudsman recommendations, keeping customers advised of progress, providing a full report of findings, managing specified works and appointing specialist resource, where required.
- Assist with the project management of disrepair/complaint works, including managing works through to completion, updating customers, colleagues, and other involved parties.
- Assist in the supervision of the progression of disrepair/complaint works and resolve any issues arising to ensure the achievement of target timescales, cost and quality are met.
- Work with the carpentry & general trade manager and senior asset compliance manager to ensure that all statutory requirements, contract regulations, financial regulations and other relevant requirements are adhered to in the management and maintenance of repairs to our properties, including R&D, asbestos surveys, and fire risk assessments etc.
- Your time will be split between office duties and overseeing the carpentry & general trade operatives and/or contractors on site.
Skills & Experience:
- Have worked in a similar environment or in a client/contractor function.
- Experienced working in, or supervising, a repairs and maintenance service for residential properties.
- Experienced in diagnosing defects, specifying works, and utilising a schedule of rates.
- Ability to co-ordinate and successfully manage in-house and contractor resources.
- Project management experience in building related industry.
- Basic IT skills.
- Good communicator to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Positive outlook and commitment towards the goals and aims of the organisation.
- Confident to make decisions when required.
- Understanding of basic building regulations and Health and Safety compliance.
- Experience and understanding of National Housing Federation schedule of rates is essential.
- Good, clear communicator who cares, listens, and acts for our customers in line with our customer charter.
- Comfortable working within an office environment,
- Able to efficiently use various computer software and devices,
- Highly skilled and experienced in a trade background or possess relevant maintenance experience.
- Clean driving license.
- 5 GCSE's including English & Maths.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation for the construction/maintenance industry.
- Paying £32K p.a. plus benefits
- A Chance to work for one of the leading housing associations in the country
- Company van and PPE will be provided
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.