Fraud Payments Advisor
Why apply for this role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Fraud Payments team in Bradford.
As a Fraud Payments Colleague, you will play a vital role in helping to protect our customers each day, keeping them safe by providing education, making risk based decisions and doing this using your natural empathy, listening skills and passion for delivering a service that is second to none.
What you'll be doing
- Delivering an outstanding service to our customers on every call, and helping as many customers as you can.
- Helping to keep our customers and the bank safe by providing appropriate education on the risks of fraud and scams.
- Taking a common sense approach in profiling, having great conversations and making risk based decisions where things don't feel right.
- Ensuring that we do the right thing for our customer, and being tenacious in putting things right where they have gone wrong.
- Delivering on customer requests, following our processes to safely complete high value and high risk transactions
- Sharing best practice with colleagues, utilising the iExchange and Communities to share opportunities to improve, and escalating where barriers need to be removed.
What we're looking for
- Experience of working within a customer services role
- First class product knowledge and understanding of internal processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of our customer portals
- Excellent communication, empathy and listening skills
- Strong teamwork with a high level of motivation
What else you need to know
Given the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a Permanent position; the role sits within our Fraud Payments Contact Centre.
You'll be working in the bustling centre of Bradford just one minute from the Bradford interchange, or a five-minute walk from our nearest train station. With an onsite restaurant, plenty of local shops, childcare options, and gyms nearby, there's something for everyone.
Working Hours will be:
Option 1: 35 hours per week, between 7am-8pm Monday to Sunday, 3 in 4 weekends.
Option 2: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday 12pm -8pm
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Starting salary of £17,480
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
Why take on a new role in the Fraud Centre of Excellence?
Being part of the Fraud and Payments Centre you will gain an introduction into the Fraud Centre of Excellence.
You will be the first point of contact for our customers to report Fraud&Scams to us. Being part of a team with a strong coaching culture, you will develop the skills required to grow your knowledge and ability to support our customers through times of vulnerability.
We are very passionate about developing our people to be the best they can be and have a clear path for progression, supporting you to meet your ambitions.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.