Junior IT Technician
Salary: £13,500 - £18,500 per annum
St Margaret's Prep is a co-educational day school for 180 pupils aged 3-11. We have a Kindergarten, Reception and Year 1 class and thereafter, two parallel classes at each year from Year 2 - Year 6. The school shares a 27-acre campus with St Mary's, Calne.
Starting asap, and based at our Prep School site (ages 2-11), the Junior IT Technician is a one year post and would suit someone on an IT based degree course, or someone recently qualified. Offering IT support to teaching, admin and senior staff alongside preparation for lessons and events.
This is a full-time position mainly based at St Margaret's School, it will include some time at our senior school St Mary's which is situated on the same site, thus ensuring that the IT support is consistent across both. This will have the added advantage of allowing a broader experience of working in the educational sector. Accommodation is offered for this position if required.
- Servicing of laptops and desktops
- Staff a helpdesk
- Support staff in classrooms when necessary
- Troubleshoot pupil, teaching staff and support staff IT problems
- Assist in the maintenance of the school LAN and WLAN
- Assist the IT Systems Manager in the maintenance and development of new IT services
- Maintain a full written record of all work
- Maintain the IT Asset Database
- Printer management and consumable stock control
- Provide IT support for regular school events
- Knowledge of Windows 7-10, MacOS and iOS
- TCP/IP networks
- Replacing hardware components in PCs and laptops
- Communicate well and be able to deal well with people of all walks of life
- Be independent, willing to think through problems and advise on suitable courses of action
- Enjoy working in a challenging and often demanding environment
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Windows Server 2008 to 2016 R2
- Previous IT support experience
- Various aspects of iPad Management
It will be essential to have someone in post by September, however, an earlier start would be advantageous for training prior to the start of term.
The salary range stated (based on NLW) is dependent on age and whether or not accommodation is taken up.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for St Mary's Calne, then please proceed through the following link to be redirected to their website where you can continue with your application.