RB Consulting, Inc. ("RBCI") is a company that truly believes that workforce diversity is a major contributor to success. Since its inception, RBCI has made a concerted effort to attract and recruit talented individuals from all walks of life.
RBCI is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing information technology (IT) services andsolutions, consulting and professional services to commercial businesses, the Department of Defense, and other Federal Agencies.
We provide exceptional management and technology solutions that deliver practical and innovative results to our client. With experience in project management, software design and development, systems integration, business analysis, logistics operations and financial management solutions, RBCI specializes in delivering custom applications that leverage commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products. At RBCI we pride ourselves in providing our clients with superior solutions and services that result in more than simply meeting mission requirements. We strive to solve their toughest problems while exceeding their expectations in responsiveness and flexibility.
RBCI provides generous benefits to our employees including health/dental insurance, short-term/long-term disability, and a 401(K)-retirement plan, in addition to a highly competitive salary.
For more information, please visit us at #removed#
Essential Job Functions
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team providing the VA Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) Immediate Office of the Executive Director ("Front Office") executive support services to the Executive Director (ED), Deputy Executive Director, and other senior leadership.
The VA OSBDU Front Office is a fast-paced office with high-profile and complex tasks and responsibilities that requires professional, skilled support staff to perform efficient and highly effective executive level Front Office operations by offering expert internal/external communications, guidance, reviews, and analyses to support leadership and the responsibilities of the VA OSDBU ED and DED and OSDBU equities related to VA programs, Congressional responses, and Congressional hearings.
- Provide key executive level support services in the daily multitude of time sensitive and complicated tasks, assessing the proposed daily and future plans, development of action plans, office procedures, implementation of the complex organizational plans, managing due outs, and performing quality assurance.
- Review of all executive correspondence, managing complex and fluid scheduling, and handling executive travel and meeting arrangements.
- Locates and attaches related documents to correspondence that requires the personal attention of the executive.
- Perform executive level administrative, operational, planning and all assigned tasks at an expert level.
- Develop briefing slides, memorandums of various types, organization charts, and monthly administration level status reports.
- Provide support services with regards to managing calls, emails and all other executive correspondence in a timely and efficient manner; documenting meeting notes; and coordinating meeting schedules and calendars.
- Perform any and all duties supporting the operations and programs of the Front Office at the direction of VA OSDBU leadership.
- Arranges, on own initiative, for staff members to represent organization at conferences and meetings, establishes appointment priorities, or reschedules or refuses appointments or invitations.
- Note's commitments made by executives during meetings and arranges for staff implementation.
- Reads outgoing correspondence for executive approval and alerts writers to any conflicts or departure from policies or executive's viewpoints.
- In executive's absence, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
- Interprets requests, helps implement action, and decides whether executive should be notified of important, or emergency matters as needed.
- Analyzes unit operating practices, such as record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, suggestion systems, personnel and budgetary requirements, and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures.
- Prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solution of operational and administrative problems.
- Issues and interprets operating policies.
- Coordinate's collection and preparation of operating reports, such as budget expenditures, and statistical records of performance data.
- May serve as the executive's representative at meetings and express the executive's viewpoints at such meetings.
- Assists and relieves the executive of administrative type functions in order to increase the time an executive has available for executive level responsibilities.
- Takes care of a wide variety of complex situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office that often cannot be brought to the attention of the executive.
- Composes correspondence requiring knowledge of executive's views, philosophy, and some understanding of technical matters; may sign for executive when technical or policy content has been authorized.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a National Agency Check with Law and Credit (NACLC).
- Minimum 6 years front office experience supporting executive personnel.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Health related discipline is preferred.