FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TUTOR
Are you an FE Teacher who specialises in teaching Functional Skills?
If so we would love to hear from you! We have been commissinoed to support Year 11 pupils who do not currently have a school place, who have struggled with GCSE curricula and will benefit from sitting Functional Skills Maths and English.
What does the job involve?
- Tutoring Looked After Children who do not have a school place, devliering Functional Skills Maths and English alongside part time Alternative Group Provisions
- Tutoring children at risk of or those who have been excluded from school
- Tutoring children who have recently moved into the area and don't have a school place
- Planning and delivering all Functional Skills curriculum to a broad range of students with varying needs
- Teaching pupils for the rest of the academic year and supporting them through their Functional Skills exams
- Completing assessments to decipher whether students are working at Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications
- Workinng closely with a dedicated Tuition Consultant to monitor progress and attendance of each pupil you work with
Teaching Personnel has agreed contracts and partnerships with a range of Local Authority clients across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Our clients come to us regularly with new referrals to support vulnerable young people, so we are looking for individuals who are:
- Committed to the welfare of young people
- Able to deal with challenging behaviour and disengaged pupils
- Hard working
- Committed to making a difference to vulnerable pupils
- Knowledgable and skilled in understanding childhood trauma and associated behavioural difficulties
- Experienced working with pupils at risk of or those who have previously been excluded from mainstream education
We are the market leading Education agency and have specialist, dedicated Tuition Consultants who will support you and co-ordinate your placements. As a newly approved NTP provider we also have access to a broad range of Tutoring CPD resources to help you work at your highest possible potential as a Tutor!
For additional information, please contact Emma Frost on 0115 6700105 or email your CV to #removed#