£24,000 - £28,000
I'm seeking an experienced Transport Planner to join a growing company within the logistics sector.
The primary objectives of the role will be to ensure route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles, facilities and drivers to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensures driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times, flexing as necessary to meet volume demands
- Perform administrative duties including accurate input of disposal information, timesheets, tachograph records, holiday rotas, credit query logs.
- Liaison with fleet to ensure effective vehicle resources are available and ensuring safe vehicle operations.
- Supervise vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Experience coordinating/ route planning within a fast paced logistics/transport company
- Experience using TMS
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical service
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply via the link for more information,