We are looking for a self-motivated, insanely organized and creative, product manager with overall responsibility for designated product lines, new product introductions, and products to be enhanced, refined, developed, or eliminated. The product manager is strategic thinker with a strong track record of launching innovative products in Brick & Mortar, E-Commerce, and Catalog markets.
The product manager will have a demonstrated ability to work in a strong team-based environment, has excellent communication skills and is expected to keep pace with a heavy, deadline-oriented workload. The ideal candidate revels in a dynamic environment where everyone is expected to have fun, contribute and take part in the performance of the company.
Candidates with extensive product management experience are encouraged to apply. Please include a cover letter with your resume for consideration. Tell us why this would be an ideal position for you!
- Search the market for creative, solution driven new products.
- Responsible for product life cycle management and profitability goals of assigned categories, minimizing inventory risk and ensure smooth channel transitions
- Develop an understanding of all elements of our business - supply chain, design, sell-in, in-store merchandising, online merchandising, distribution, etc. - to create long-term brand plans and product roadmaps.
- Work with internal and/or external industrial designers, engineers, toolmakers, and other cross-functional teams to ensure newly developed products are manufactured to the highest quality and deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop, communicate and execute go-to-market strategies/product launches, product marketing, messaging and collateral.
- Perform ongoing market research through direct customer contact and surveys, trade shows and journals, sales evaluations, monitoring competitors and industry trends, store visits and vendor contact.
- Launch products on time, on spec, on cost and on volume of assigned category projects and NPI KPIs, managing the project schedule across development gates and milestones
- Develop a 3 year business strategy and product plan which defines market trends, opportunities and risks within assigned categories, and develop a new product launch cadence to continue to expand the product portfolio
- Utilize cost/margin-based analysis to form pricing recommendations for each product and product line
- Ensure that Customer Support is trained on any products and that all needed support tools are in place and effective.
- Understand and manage QA/QC process, testing protocols, and regulations as they apply to product and drive continuous improvement to increase industry-leading best practices in product development.
- Creative mindset and passion for product development and consumer packaged goods
- Strong negotiation skills and background in portfolio and brand management with PLM experience.
- An energetic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who has demonstrated an ability to energize others as well around difficult goals and objectives
- A visionary who has created and articulated strategies for their business that have resulted in significant business improvements
- Critical thinking and decision-making experiences demonstrating appropriate balance between thoughtful research and the need for timeliness.
- Ability to define problems/opportunities, collect data, establish facts and make valid conclusions/recommendations
- Ability to resolve conflicts and navigate through issues with cross functional teams (internal and external)
- Ability to solve practical problems, multi-task and prioritize in an often-changing, fast-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of international sourcing with an emphasis on Asia manufacturing, speaking Mandarin a plus
- Outgoing, personable, engaging and friendly personality - you light up the office and are easy to work with.
- You are independent and a hard worker - you don’t wait for assignments and are always looking for ways to make a big impact
- The candidate needs to have strong development experience working with Asia, product cost breakdown, cost reductions, safety/compliance, packaging review, and more. The candidate will need to be flexible to travel overseas if needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5-8+ years of Product Management experience with consumer products, managing products through entire product lifecycle
- Four-year college degree in Business Administration or Marketing or equivalent experience
- Excellent time management skills and proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Project management certification (CAPM, PMP) preferred.
We offer the following to successful candidates:
Jobar International, Inc. is a leading developer of innovative, highly profitable, traffic building products. Our long list of satisfied customers includes major retail outlets, direct mail firms, and mail order catalogs, and internet distributors. We are a proud, family owned business with a rich heritage in bringing exciting products to market since 1972. Our top core values consist of fostering relationships, maintaining integrity, and boosting performance. We have a company culture that keeps people excited about our mission and thoroughly engaged. We believe in placing the right people in the right positions and providing the resources to help them in their current positions while setting them up for success to grow into future roles.
Jobar International, Inc. is a global manufacturer of solution based, value priced consumer products that make life easier. We design and distribute branded items, private label, OEM and sourced functional goods in diverse product categories. Our products are sold through long-standing relationships with premier Mail Order Catalog, Internet and Brick and Mortar retailers to include Publishers Clearing House, Harriet Carter, Amazon, Groupon, Bed Bath and Beyond, Walgreens and Ross Stores.
The company's headquarters is located in Carson, CA with international sales and distribution offices in Hong Kong and Europe. Jobar was founded nearly 45 years ago and continues to run as a privately held business.
Role: Product Manager
Apply for this job now.