Serve as the Technical Expert for solution delivery as your strong leadership & expertise as a Snr Software Engineer is sought by a dynamic Tech & Software Solutions Provider. You will be responsible for sound solution design, project execution, technical delivery and ensuring exceptional quality in service & solutions. You will require 5+ years' Financial Services experience, strong SQL & Oracle skills, software product configuration & support experience, system analysis & design, requirement's definition, running workshops, configuring solutions, client communication and system documentation and experience working in a project delivery space. Roles are on offer at both their Cape Town and Joburg divisions and travel with be expected between cities and to clients.
- Technical Expert for solution delivery.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of a client's solution environment.
- Key coordinator of technical solution delivery for the team.
- Responsible for sound solution design and project execution according to company standards.
- Ensure excellent quality in service and solutions.
- Technical delivery - scoping, design, configuration, system testing, deployment, ongoing improvement.
- Assist, coach and train staff.
- Develop and improve company standards and best practices.
- Use 'low-code' applications with SQL databases to build integrated and automated back-end processes with web-based UIs.
- Develop new concepts, approaches and applying best-practice patterns.
- Involved, aware and focussed on project initiatives, goals, commitments, expectations and deadlines. Execute projects in a dynamic, collaborative, and iterative fashion - providing ongoing tangible benefit.
- Provide exceptional production support and ongoing improvement.
- 5+ Years Financial Services experience.
- Solid database experience - SQL, Oracle.
- Software product configuration and support experience.
- System analysis and design skills are necessary.
- Experience working in a project delivery environment.
- Requirement's definition, solution design, running workshops, configuring solutions, client communication and system documentation.
- Production support of client implementations
- Comfortable liaising with clients and senior management.
- B.Sc, B.Eng, B.Com or BA (Socio-Informatics), Degree with IT related subjects as majors.
- From one of the following universities: UCT, Stellenbosch, Wits, Pretoria, North West (Potchefstroom campus), Free State, KZN, Nelson Mandela, Johannesburg
- With above average results. Guideline is 60% average at university.
- Matric results - A or B for Maths HG.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and public speaking.
- Experience leading technical project deliveries and managing delivery teams.
- Server installation and deployment in corporate environments.
- Project Management experience - lead, communication, reporting, work breakdown, estimates, tasking, tracking, budgets.
- Experience in managing people and developing their skills - administration, mentoring & coaching.
- Banking, Investment or Asset Management experience.
- Experience with middleware, ETL or EAI tools.
- Integration, process automation. data warehouse and system/data migration.
- Comfortable using technology and be able to explain it to others.
- Able to solve problems creatively and efficiently.
- Quality focussed.