EpiGentek is a New York-based biotechnology company that focuses on developing and providing innovative technologies, services, and products as a complete and systematic solution for epigenetic related research and drug discovery. Located on beautiful Long Island, with its sandy beaches and fresh bagels, EpiGentek sits less than an hour train ride away from the heart of midtown Manhattan.
- Participate in next generation sequencing-related tests including PCR, ChIP, library construction, etc. and produce competent, reproducible results to a high technical standard.
- Assist marketing department in its efforts and campaigns to promote the company's position as a scientific leader in the field of epigenetics by providing credible and informed opinions and perspectives as well as technical information and literature.
- Prepare documentation for products and maintain up to date product knowledge; this will involve some or all of the following -- writing assay protocols, refining standard operating procedures, contributing to technical notes databases, and reviewing/editing user guides.
- Provide general/entry-level technical support to current and potential customers; this will include answering technical inquiries primarily by e-mail with occasional phone correspondences, troubleshooting product issues via experiments, organizing and updating frequently asked questions and tech data sheets, collaborating on technical inquiries with sales representatives.
- Participate in product improvements and new product development including organizing and performing product validation in a laboratory environment.
- Ph.D. in a relevant life sciences field with 2 years of additional research laboratory experience; relevant work in epigenetics is a plus
- Educational or work background in molecular biology and immunology with experience using ELISA, PCR, DNA sequencing, and applications of biochemical reagents or kits in life sciences research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluent command of spoken and written English
- Experienced and comfortable using a Windows computer environment, working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills
- Enjoys and excels at troubleshooting and problem solving
- Friendly, positive, self-motivated, and a good team player with ability to multi-task
- Laboratory experience in major epigenetic-related applications, particularly ChIP and next-generations sequencing
- Previous technical support, mentoring, and/or customer service experience
- Biotechnology industry work experience
- A documented or well published track record of academic and professional success
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Retirement fund program with generous employer matching contribution
- Paid vacation, personal, sick days and major holidays
Role: Research Scientist
Apply for this job now.