This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for assisting with the management of maintenance and safety operations. Responsibilities include installation, maintenance, repair and upkeep of operations in support of company facilities utilities, structures, grounds and pavements, manufacturing equipment, company vehicle fleet, material handling equipment, hazardous waste management, security and fire suppression systems, custodial and pest management. Supports company safety policies and procedures, employee safety training, adherence and compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory safety guidelines.
1. B.S. degree is preferred; technical courses in electrical/mechanical theory and application would be beneficial. Course work in resources management and engineering would be beneficial. Must be well versed in the use of personal computers and be familiar with database and spreadsheet applications.
2. Must be qualified in all aspects of facilities and equipment maintenance management activities. A minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment or related maintenance experience is required. Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office Professional software. Working knowledge of Just in Time (JIT) inventory management and Material Requisition Planning (MRP), and familiarity with Safe Quality Food (SQF) quality standards would be beneficial.
3. Ability to establish and implement company policies and procedures in support of occupational hazard abatement, accident and injury prevention and employee safety training is beneficial, as well as experience in the development of training plans and fostering employee safety efforts. Hands-on experience with the daily plant operations planning process and scheduling would be helpful.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills are preferred; Ability to work independently under general supervision; Availability to work a varied schedule as required.
5. Physical requirements include frequent walking, the ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, bend, lift (up to 50 lbs), twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as needed. Ability to operate and work at heights on a scissor lift or high ladder. Ability to access work effectively in confined spaces.
B. Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in ensuring the profitability of the company by meeting and/or exceeding established maintenance and safety goals; carries out the actions of all maintenance and safety functions as assigned by management; monitors maintenance and safety activities to ensure activities are valued-added, efficient, and necessary; ensures personnel safety receives adequate attention; insures craftsmanship of in-house, contract maintenance and custodial functions reaches the highest quality standards and follows established regulatory safety guidelines.
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled work in the maintenance and repairs of the building components, production systems and equipment, and ancillary areas. Carries out the assigned daily, weekly, and monthly duties of the company preventative maintenance schedule.
Makes operational input to management and assists with translating strategic planning into maintenance and safety activities; ensure maintenance schedules and requirements meet company standards and customer needs; monitor contract maintenance and various facilities support service functions; promotes physical resource improvements and energy conservation to match core business requirements; aids in ensuring plant security and fire prevention measures; monitors company waste management and hazardous materials purchase, usage and disposal.
Shares responsibility for self-development; supports a work environment where co-workers with divergent views are welcomed and solicited; creates an environment where creativity in maintenance and safety support and/or enhancement is expected and rewarded; appreciates and supports the operating philosophy of the Company.
1. Statistics indicate a high degree of emphasis is placed on safety: safe work habits are developed in subordinates and followed by contract maintenance and vendor services personnel; a worker-friendly environment is maintained at all times, employee safety receives sustained attention and there are no accidents due to unsafe conditions.
2. High quality standards are emphasized: decreased waste due to scrap, re-work, abuse and conservation of efforts; employee creativity and involvement are solicited and encouraged; adheres to the concept of constant improvement in the quality of their performances.
3. Maintenance and safety scheduling, planning and work processes indicate a sound understanding of safe food processing, food service equipment manufacturing, industry and safety standards, budget restrictions and cost controls, production capabilities, facility capabilities, and value-added production methods.
4. Maintenance and safety programs operate efficiently: preventative maintenance schedules are met or exceeded; production and support equipment problems are immediately evaluated and assistance is provided for their rapid solution; employee safety incident reviews and process and equipment hazard assessments are performed and corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
5. Adequate support is provided to enable achievement of plant goals.
6. Manufacturing equipment and facilities repair stock and materials inventories are established and maintained at a minimum level in support of “lean thinking” philosophy and budget restrictions.
7. Production schedules are not hampered by faulty machinery or poor housekeeping; machinery and equipment are maintained in a fully operational condition; emphasis is placed on preventive maintenance; work areas are free from clutter.
8. Company property is protected: ensures security necessary to prevent loss from abuse, carelessness, or theft; ensures continuity of fire prevention procedures and fire suppression support equipment; manages and maintains company vehicle fleet and material handling equipment in an operational state of readiness; monitors effective pest management and facilities custodial operations.
9. All maintenance paperwork, records, and reports are completed accurately and submitted in time to meet any scheduling deadline.
Wynn's Grain & Spice is a manufacturer that blends premium, southern crafted breading, batter dip and marinades and rotisserie seasonings for poultry and seafood. Our manufacturing facility is based in Montgomery, Alabama with offices in Birmingham, Alabama.
With a revitalized focus on servicing foodservice channels nationwide, Wynn's is a growing company with roots dating back decades. It all started 60 years ago in an Alabama kitchen with a love of Southern flavors. This family owned business is now on its third generation and is mixing things up, no pun intended.
Wynn’s Grain & Spice LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, genetics, or basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Role: Maintenance Assistant
Apply for this job now.