- Provides consultations and assessments to manage and stabilize emergent problems
- Provides mental health evaluations, assessments and follow-up care
- Provides consultation and follow-up to mental health staff to ascertain the need for psychotropic medication
- Participates in collaborative consultation with mental health staff regarding patient diagnosis and treatment
- Reviews treatment plans for patients housed on mental observation units and patients receiving medication
- Participates in various treatment modalities as required by the mental health service
- Participates in case conferences and treatment planning for patients receiving and being considered for mental health treatment
- Participates in mental health and medical rounds as assigned
- Evaluates patients for hospitalization and monitors patient through contact with the hospital psychiatry staff
- Conducts group sessions on mental health observation units including medication compliance groups
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervising Psychiatrist
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Graduate of an accredited college/university Nurse Practitioner program with current license/certification in California.
- Must demonstrate clinical competence and leadership abilities, such as decision- making abilities, skills in problem solving, communication and interpersonal skill
- Minimum one year of clinical nursing practice in a mental health setting, correctional experience preferred
- Current CPR Certification
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment physical examination
- A minimum of one year experience desirable.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Valid CA “Class 3” Driver License
- General Medical Office Activities - Walking, Standing, Sitting, Talking, Lifting, Typing, etc.
- Tactful, Diplomatic, Empathetic
- Must be able to work independently
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with patients, customers, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Organize and schedule work effectively.
- Work well under time constraint.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle confidential information.
PHYSICAL HAZARDS -- Health and Safety Concerns
- General Medical Office Environment.
EQUIPMENT AND SPECIAL MATERIALS
- Computer, printer, telephone, mobile phone, photocopy machine, fax machine, 10-key calculator, etc.
REMARKS: Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at anytime. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Central City Community Health Center, Inc., is a non-profit, Section 330 Federally Qualified Health Center. We're an established nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center with excellent reputation, providing primary healthcare and mental health services to underserved populations. Our Center is a dynamic, patient-centered work environment.
Role: Physician Assistant
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.