Do you have a keen eye for the visual? Does un-organized clutter make you bonkers? Are you one of those retail customers that put items back where they belong? Do you find yourself occasionally organizing other people's stuff?
Then we want to talk to you about being our next Merchandising specialist!
Now's the time to bring your skills to the Affinity Group, where your strengths can be unleashed to support our client's value brand proposition we represent. Here's a taste of what's cooking' at the Affinity Group:
Who we're looking for:
We're searching for our next Merchandising specialist to join our sales support teams. Those with an attention to detail, organizing for visual appeal, and a previous in-store retail merchandising background will be given top priority.
This is a full-time position based in Providence, RI.
The primary responsibility for our Merchandisers is to create and sustain an operating environment where Affinity Group and client merchandising objectives are consistently achieved. This position will require daily travel to store locations and merchandise our brands/products, while additionally providing support to department personnel.
This position will play a key role in building and maintaining effective product in-stock conditions, rotating product to maintain freshness, and organizing product to minimize shrink. An emphasis on product placement of Point of Sale (POS) content that will optimize customer traffic and increase POS sales.
Who We Are:
YOUR BRIDGE to SUCCESS.
The Affinity Group is one of the fastest-growing food sales and marketing agencies in North America and Canada. Our focus is to increase market demand and drive market penetration for our clients within the foodservice and retail fresh food verticals. Our agency provides a consultative selling approach for the customers that we represent.
A typical week might include the following:
- Heart and Hustle. Daily travel to retail locations and representing Affinity Group professionally, ethically, and with integrity.
- Strategy and Execution. Effectively merchandise client products by reviewing plan-o-grams, identify shelf space management, validating product placement, pricing, and promotional content are to brand standards.
- Identify and Isolate. Look for opportunities to fine-tune and improve visual standards and implement merchandising initiatives as directed.
- Partner and Influencer. Develop and maintain excellent relationships with in-store leadership and department staff. Handle store complaints/challenges as they arise.
- Data Integrity. Provide ongoing feedback on store-level performance and trends. Store visit recaps and follow-up on past concerns. Monitor and report competitor activity at the store level.
- Technology User. Manage the integration and utilization of Affinity technology systems and platforms.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- Character: Honesty, integrity, and reliability (time & attendance)
- Professionalism: You know how to present yourself to valued clients
- Communication: Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility: Planning is key, but the ability to adapt and overcome in the face of unexpected circumstances
- Time Management: Ability to operate in a deadline-driven environment
- Technology: Skill with Microsoft products (O365, Teams, SharePoint) and Adobe
- Flexibility: Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Physicality: Position requires extended periods of standing within a retail store environment and the ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Dexterity: Ability to complete repetitive hand motions, standing and kneeling, in addition to listening, hearing, talking, and visually assess
How we make room for you:
- Compensation: Competitive salary
- Health & Wellness: Medical, dental, vision plans to care for you and your family
- Paid Time Off: Along with company paid holidays to unplug and recharge.
- Telecommuting: Flexible work schedule start/end times, telecommuting that includes office from home
- Wealth Planning: 401(k) match that supports planning for the future
- Wealth Protection: Life insurance, supplemental insurance, along with short/long term coverage to prepare for the unexpected
- Perks: Plenty of stocked food snacks, samples, and coffee to keep you energized and inspiring you to test drive the brands we represent!
- Collaboration: A workplace environment where your input counts! If there's a better way to do it or build it, then bring it! Employee viewpoint counts!
- Empowerment: Opportunity to be trusted and empowered to take charge of your area of responsibility
Starting in 2014, we're just a team of business development chasers and creative marketing designers that came together intending to disrupt and re-engineer how a sales and marketing agency represents clients within the food, beverage, and retail verticals.
As a premier food and beverage agency, we know our “secret sauce” is our people. The Affinity Group culture can be described as #flexible, #accommodating, #creative, and #activating.
Our people are empowered not to wait for things to happen, but to make things happen! We believe for us to continue being a forward-thinking and progressive organization, we must honor and learn from our past but remain hyper-focused on our future. Forget about “culture fit”; we're looking for the very best, qualified, and diverse talent that will be a “culture add” to the Affinity Group team!
The Affinity Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR