Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Devon County Council to provide them with a Senior Commissioning Officer on a 6-9 month initial contract which may be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday and offers a pay rate of £300- £350 per day
Devon County Council are preparing for a SEND Local Area Re-Visit and developing our Social Care Improvement Plan following our Focused Visit. We are looking for an energetic individual with sound commissioning skills to lead the commissioning team for the next six months, while recruitment is underway. Working to support delivery of the Sufficiency Strategy and SEND Joint commissioning Plan are priority pieces of work
As a successful Senior Commissioning Officer, your duties will be:
- To set priorities, manage risk, promote best practice and lead and co-ordinate delivery of Commissioning Strategies.
- Specify requirements for and oversee the analysis of joint strategic needs assessments and other evidence to a high level of complexity
- Assess re-design requirements looking at delivery models and options appraisal and drawing in resources with other service areas such as legal, financial, human resources as appropriate.
- Prepare delivery plans and specifications, and work as part of a team to deliver the change process and monitor and evaluate impact
- Take responsibility for management of up to £4m of budget. The post holder will also have a significant influencing role in shaping decisions about the wider commissioning of Childrens Services spending and, working with the NHS, for health spend and, more widely, with District Councils and other partners.
- To take a leading role in developing the strategic commissioning relationship with NHS Commissioning and provider organisations to ensure that, where appropriate, commissioning decisions ensure integrated health and social care service pathways and align resources to ensure effective delivery.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Evidence of ability to lead a group of staff within strategic commissioning
- Highly developed understanding of strategic commissioning and demonstrable experience of leading and delivering change programmes
- Extensive experience of working in either social or health care or education
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. email@example.com / 01772 954 200