CWPS (#removed#) is a nationally recognized company. Our primary mission is to provide IT Support services and cloud-based services for business throughout the United States with headquarters in Chantilly, Virginia. Our partners include Microsoft, Cisco and other industry-leading cloud service providers.
Field Engineer / Customer Success Engineer
The Customer Success Engineer is primarily responsible for working at client facilities to resolve issues that require onsite technical support. This position will be the primary onsite technical support for 10 to 20 clients. Visits to each client site are performed on a routine schedule. Client visits are either half-day or full-day and range in frequency from daily, weekly or monthly. The engineer, when not in the field will serve as surge support for the CWPS Service Desk and also assist with remote project work at client locations. The engineer is required to work independently and be able to prioritize the work load. The ideal candidate will possess a dynamic personality and superior customer service skills.
This position will require travel to MD/DC area clients
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for onsite client support of Windows-based desktop & mobile computers, mobile devices, local and network printers and peripheral devices.
- Provide customer support and problem resolution
- Ensure client connectivity to communication devices including network switches, routers, printer servers, remote access services, and cloud services
- Oversee and be the technical resource for third party vendors when they are required
- Responsible for client connectivity to essential systems including Windows-based servers and remote access solutions including Citrix and RDS.
- Additional duties also include updates to client documentation
- Travel to various client locations around the Maryland area.
Minimum Experience and Certifications
- Minimum 1 years of IT experience with IT administration and support experience with windows administration and management of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group policy, Maintenance and User Management of Microsoft Exchange 2003 and later
- Basic TCP/IP Troubleshooting Knowledge
- General knowledge of Firewalls including VPN installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Installation and troubleshooting of desktop client applications including Microsoft Office Suite and antivirus clients
- Ability to use appropriate tools to identify and remove spy-ware, ad-ware, and viruses
- Remote troubleshooting using Remote Desktop, VNC, etc.
- Maintenance of enterprise backup solutions
- Mac experience desired not required
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Visio desired not required (training can be provided)
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Desired certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, OR Microsoft MCSA certifications
Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong consulting and communication skills
- Possess valid driver license
- Confidence and experience in front of clients
- Strong ability to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and possess good time management skills
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- CWPS GYM Access
- 401k Match
- Basic Life/AD&D
- Short and long-term disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Vacation Time
- Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness at CWPS
CWPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- provided by Dice