Duration: Temporary, 12 weeks
Location: Staffordshire - various locations
Hours: Full-time (Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm) - Will accept Part-time also.
Rate: £19-£22 per hour (via an umbrella Company)
In the Occupational Therapist roles you will work as part of the rehabilitation MDT for safe early discharge so the ideal candidates will have relevant experience including community equipment and adaptation.
Outline duties below:
- Carrying out assessments, delivering support and evidence based interventions to individuals who experience symptoms associated with their mental/Physical health problems, whilst gaining and providing the support of a multi-disciplinary approach to care provision
- Assessing new service user referrals and care/support needs. Assesses service users and formulates, develops, implements and evaluates programmes of treatment /care/support for individuals, families and carers
- Maintaining and develop skills and knowledge to deliver a range of interventions and sets an example of good practice to other team members including skill sharing. For example moving and handling, risk assessments, functional capabilities, cognition
- Maintaining contemporaneous and accurate records as required by the organisation in line with professional standards (i.e. HCPC)
- Support identified team members giving guidance and direction where appropriate
- Use professional knowledge, skills and expertise when working in changing environments and across professional boundaries
- Working with individuals and carers who may find it difficult to engage with the service or aspects of the service resulting in uncooperative or challenging behaviour that has to be managed
- Maintaining sensitivity at all times to the emotional needs of the service user and their carers offering reassurance and empathy, in particular when imparting potentially distressing information. This may be in regard to the nature/prognosis of their condition and implications of the same.
- Required to care coordinate an appropriate caseload in line with the expectations of the Care Program Approach, complete occupational therapy MoHO assessments including MoHOST whilst using a variety of other tools
- Planning and delivering assessed interventions as recommended within NICE guidance and evidence based practice
- Providing Occupational Therapy input for Early Supported Discharge, Admission Avoidance, End of Life, and Urgent and Routine therapy within a community and inpatient setting
- Evaluating programmes of treatment - assessing service users referrals and care/support needs
- Transportation of therapy equipment
- Determining a treatment plan helping towards the rehabilitation of an individual
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron, Leo Steeden or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email #removed#
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group's “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minim