Tool & Die Machinist
Our client has been a fabrication industry leader in the Greensboro, NC area for over 10 years! Due to service expansion, we are currently searching for experienced machinists who are seeking opportunities for growth.There are 3 easy ways to start the application process with us:
- Contact our Greensboro, NC office at (336) 455-9558 today for more information as we can conduct your initial interview over the phone from the convenience of your home!
- Email us a copy of your resume and or contact information to: #removed#
- Click the link below to apply today (make sure to select Greensboro, NC as the Branch Location)
A Tool & Die Machinist operates Wire EDM and Grinders (Surface & Cylindrical) and holds tolerances of machined parts to drawing specifications.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following: Other duties may be assigned. Employee must safely perform all duties.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safely set up, program and operate Wire EDM to produce parts as required by job order.
- Operate, safely, various saws, grinders, sanders, hoists, and other machine shop equipment as required.
- Safely operate forklift as required.
- Perform maintenance on assigned machines.
- Maintain housekeeping duties in order to keep work area neat, clean, safe and stocked.
- Other duties as assigned by the Shop Foreman or other members of management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow directions, complies with standards of performance, and makes corrections when instructed.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including being available for overtime and on-call assignments.
- Ability to read and write at a level sufficient to complete basic paperwork associated with the job, such as timesheets and written job-related reports.
- Ability to operate a forklift at the location that you work.
- Meet company drug screen, criminal background.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, reach, feel by touch, stoop, kneel, bend and crouch. Employee spends the majority of the day standing at a machine station.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment will frequently contain one or more of the following: loud machine noises, risk of cuts, abrasions, electrical shock, vibration and pinch points from high speed cutting devices and pressing devices. Personal Protective Equipment, engineering controls, defined procedures and specialized training are provided to reduce hazard exposure risks.WORK HOURS
A Tool & Die Machinist typically works an assigned 10-hour shift Monday through Thursday. In addition, the Machinist may be subject to an on-call schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Likewise, hours may be reduced during periods of reduced workload or demand.DRESS CODE
A Tool & Die Machinist is required to wear long pants, heavy duty work shoes, and shirts appropriate for a machine shop (not loose, baggy or ripped).
- Multiple Healthcare Plans
- Accident, Disability, Life
- Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
- Referral Bonuses
Since 1984, The Reserves Network continues to partner with the finest employers to provide opportunities within the office, industrial, professional and technical markets. As a family- and veteran-owned company, we focus on candidate experience and workplace safety for the nearly 20,000 employees we place annually.