PrideStaff, a firm specializing in recruiting for Central Oregon businesses, is currently seeking a Manufacturing Systems Operator for an established company in Bend, OR. The Chemical Systems Operator will operate a series of chemical reaction and purification units and associated equipment within specified parameters of Manufacturing and quality to meet production goals in a 24 hrs. x 7 day per week operation.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Great opportunity with a great company.
- Operate electronic control systems and computer terminals
- Learn and apply basic technical terms and concepts (in classroom and on-the-job settings) for chemistry and related processes.
- Apply Statistical Process Control and Quality Assurance techniques as instructed.
- Adhere to all safety procedures.
- Apply and interpret verbal and written instructions.
- Keep accurate production records.
- Maneuver heavy objects.
- Apply basic mathematics.
- Follow detailed procedures and operating manuals.
- Work 12-hour days, 3-4 days each week which will generally include weekend days, with seasonal rotations through day/night shifts in a 24 hrs. x 7 day per week operation and with different work schedules at varying times during the year for training and alternate work assignments.
- Work as a part of a responsible, self-directed team with minimal supervisory presence.
- Discern colors on a computer screen.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment, including respiratory protection.
- Read and interpret diagrams and drawings of process components and instrumentation.
- Other Duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of related industrial or manufacturing background or similar experience (such as military experience, farm work, breweries, etc.).
- High school diploma or equivalent; advanced education is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to be productive and safe in a 24/7 work environment on any shift.
- 2 Professional references
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both written and oral as well as problem solving skills
Confidentiality: This position will be handling confidential personal data and information that belongs to PrideStaff's clients and candidates including birthdates, social security numbers, hiring fees, and confidential hiring paperwork.
Supervision: This position has supervision. The employee does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Basic Working Conditions: The employee must have their own method of dependable transportation and work full time during normal business hours Monday through Friday. The employee must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Although this position will be in an office environment, at times this position may be required to lift over 25 lbs. The employee will be required to have the ability to stoop, kneel and handle objects for filing.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options and we look forward to meeting you!
Role: Manufacturing Systems Operator
Apply for this job now.