At CK Family Services, we are focused on one mission. We are people united through God to enhance the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of at-risk children and families. Every day, in all that we do, we seek to honor God by devoting ourselves to better the lives of each child entrusted into our care.
CK Family Services is always looking for qualified and highly motivated individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of children. If you think you are ready to be a part of our team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
CK Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The QMHP/Clinical Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing family oriented, individual and/or group rehabilitative mental health services, skills training and development, medication training, parenting skills training, and intensive case management services to clients of the agency per state specified standards and requirements. It is the responsibility of this position to provide clinically appropriate services, a minimum of two times per month, to all consumers assigned for services. Minimum job requirements total a minimum of 20 direct client contact hours to be provided each week, Sunday through Saturday.
The qualified candidate has a Bachelor's degree in rehab counseling, psychology, social work, or related field. The ideal candidate will have experience working in community mental health and hold a master's degree. General understanding of adult and child mental health disorders, treatment of disorders, and documentation of treatment provided. Knowledge of confidentiality and ethical guidelines for practice. Should possess basic therapeutic skills, verbal and written communication skills, and organizational skills. Trained in working with individuals with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness, Children with Severe Emotional Disturbances, and delivery of services based on curriculum.
- Provide curriculum based rehabilitative services to families, individuals and groups.
- Complete all case records (notes, treatment plans, and uniform assessments) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Document services provided with the understanding that all clinical notations are considered legal documents and can be used in a court of law. All documentation should be true and accurate and under no circumstance falsified in any manner.
- Prepare and present all assigned cases for review by a supervisor, as required on a prescribed basis.
- Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of DSHS including licensure rules and regulations and suspected fraudulent practices.
- Participate in Child and Family Team meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in clinical meetings and agency administrative meetings as required.
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all times with an understanding that you are also representing Covenant Kids Inc.
- Must possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree in rehab counseling, psychology, social work, or related field as specified in the Texas Administrative Code for QMHP qualifications. General understanding of adult and child mental health disorders, treatment of disorders, and documentation of treatment provided. Knowledge of confidentiality and ethical guidelines for practice. Trained in working with individuals with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness, Children with Severe Emotional Disturbances, and delivery of services based on curriculum.
- Ability to be on-call as necessary and respond immediately to a cellular phone.
- Personality attuned to the requirements of meeting needs of clients and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; self-starter; energetic; detail -oriented, with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Upon completion of training (approximately 90 days), this is a remote position where the employee will be primarily in the field and has the potential to work from his/her home office.