Growing government contractor looking to hire a Tech Writer.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the agency and other city departments to gather information and write documents.
- Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Develops, writes, and publishes internal and external publications using various graphic design tools.
- Works independently preparing and maintaining highly complex documentation, procedures and methods.
- Provides expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of technical documentation for a Program, Project, or Contract as required.
- May act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required.
- Responsible for preparing reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.
- Works with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
- Coordinates layout and design of documents. Create documentation methodology and framework.
- Document core product and customer solution-specific information.
- Explain technical ideas in simple language.
- Write technical direction on announcements, outreach material and brochures.
- Meet with customer representatives, vendors, agency heads, or other stakeholders as required to establish technical specifications.
- Create document flow diagrams. Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples. Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-5 years of experience as Technical Writer for Government proposals
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in a related field
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, and Autodesk AutoCAD software
- Have direct experience writing technical documents for government or a government contractor
- General knowledge of IT concepts, technologies, and methodologies, such as networks, cyber security, software development, cloud computing, service desk management, ITIL, DevOps, Agile, and SDLC.
- Understands basic concepts, responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Ability to understand various subject matters including information technology and project management.
- Ability to author documents or rewrite documents/publications
- Strong working knowledge or experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience setting schedules, tracking deliverables and reporting progress.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude and to synthesize technical information
Powered by JazzHR