Company: ENGINEERED MATERIALS SOLUTIONS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Position Summary: Assist product engineers and provide technical support to manufacture of Bimetal products including new products and applications.
- Assume technical responsibility for a portfolio of clad thermostat metal products.
- Apply sound engineering judgment based on statistical analysis of data and fact to solve complex material, process, and equipment problems.
- Interface with external customers in support of production problems, application problems, and new business opportunities. Make sales calls with Field Representative in support of customers and new business opportunities.
- Support commercial team with technical evaluation of new business opportunities, product costing, sampling, and production startup.
- Responsible for internal and out-going product quality. Champion root cause / corrective action analyses. Analyze quality trends and identify/execute continuous improvement programs.
- Identify and implement cost reduction programs to eliminate waste and/or improve yields.
- Interface with all levels of the organization from direct support of manufacturing operators to upper levels of management.
- Timely support of manufacturing operations and personnel to resolve production and quality issues.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities in a very diverse and dynamic manufacturing environment.
Education and Experience:
- Two-year Degree in Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years direct related experience
- Experience in metals manufacturing or heavy industrial environment preferred.
- Strong business knowledge and ability to understand product and manufacturing costs
- Knowledge of SPC and Process/Product Control Planning
- Excellent written and verbal skill required
- Windows Proficiency
- Oracle experience is a plus
*EMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits harassment of any kind
Powered by JazzHR