Description SAIC has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator in Patuxent River, MD.
The Systems Administrator will support the SSC Pacific CAMEO/RIC project which is focused on improving aviation logistics through data-driven initiatives. This position will support multiple facets in software and systems engineering with working knowledge in project management. The candidate shall support the NAVAIR Aviation Logistics Environment (ALE) Lead with data calls, ALE IT support, logistics support, and systems engineering support. Candidate will work under SAIC's Lead SE in Patuxent River, MD. Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualifications Required Education, Clearance and Experience:
- Assist in the transition of incoming capabilities including CAMEO 2.x software product roll-out initiatives.
- Provide NAS Pax River ALE IT Support to include:
- Portable Electronic Maintenance Aid (PEMA) system administrative maintenance with latest software and technical publications
- Support hard drive disk build and delivery of sanitized IETM releases
- Liaison support between ALE Lead and PMA-275 Cyber Security Team related to ALE IT Assets.
- Provide ALE logistics support to include:
- Coordinating IT and services support status inputs for presentations to the Leadership Team via telecons and meetings
- V-22 Joint Technical Data Integration (JTDI) Account Admin Support
- User access requests and updates
- Support ALE software product rollouts to the fleet (as directed by NAVAIR & SPAWAR customers)
- Support cognizance of all hardware across domestic V-22 Enterprise fleet
- Support coordination with PMA-260 on MV-22 PEMAs, software licensing, changes in hardware make and models (PCMCIA, DVD, etc.)
- Support coordination of three-level maintenance hardware orders for standups, physical moves, and technical refreshes
- Identify means to track all domestic V-22 Enterprise (MV, CV, CMV) ALE fleet hardware inventory and configuration (i.e. Servers, PEMAs, Disk Dupers, etc.) via DI2E/Insight
- Liaison support between Lead CSR and site CSRs and ALE Lead for fleet issues related to the ALE product line
- Collaborate with Lead CSR on developing CTPL/CSR guides and helps for common problems and mitigations (i.e. updates, procedures for manual flight data uploads)
- Liaison with Lead CSR and Fleet Response Group (FRG) for CAMEO and IETM training material development, update, and training coordination support
- Provide Systems Engineering Support to include:
- VECTOR access and data analysis for relationship mapping with Readiness Integration Center (RIC) collected data
- RIC data and tools analysis for capability and function analysis toward improvement, as well as user engagement and adoption
- User requirements mapping, documentation, and development
- Support solution architecture planning and analysis
- Attend ad hoc meetings and provide support as needed.
- Active Secret Clearance
- HS/GED and 6 years of experience OR Bachelors and 2 years of experience; OR Masters and 0 years of experience.
- Must be IAT Level II Certified OR Current Security+
- Seven (7) years' combined experience in practice of Systems Engineering process and discipline and Systems Administration experience.
- Must have good understanding and configuration of various networking infrastructure, including but not limited to Wi-Fi, VLAN, PVLAN, Layer2, Layer3 switches, Virtual Switches, load balancing and fault tolerance architecture.
- Must have a good understanding and configuration of IT hardware, (e.g.: Servers, desktops, laptops, and printers) also virtual technologies (e.g.: Citrix and VMWare).
- Must have experience with providing system administration for windows OS (Win10 and server 2016).
- Must have experience working with network security.
- Proficient in MS Office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, and the ability to work on multiple web platforms.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- Must be proficient in security best practices
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. - provided by Dice