We are currently looking for a Multi-Family, Commercial Estimator- Junior to Mid-Level. The right candidate will be responsible for project management, profitability, construction support and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Construction Administration Support and Documentation
- Responsible for thorough document checking and reviewing the project specifications to ensure that they do not conflict with the Construction Documents.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines, including outside consultants as applicable. Performs interdisciplinary coordination check to minimize deficiencies, errors and omissions in drawings and specifications.
- Contributes to the oversight of Construction Document development for compliance with office standards, applicable codes, and accuracy.
- Coordinates the review of shop drawings and submittal data for compliance with Construction Documents.
- Serves as field interface with design and technical team during construction.
- Advises and assists Construction Project Managers, Superintendents and Subcontractors in the interpretation and clarification of the Construction Documents.
- Participates in construction by monitoring compliance with design intent, Construction Documents and Specifications. Prepares Field Reports and Punch Lists
- Provides applicable solutions to field problems, responds to RFIs, and prepares Addenda.
- Leads technical team in archiving of record drawings and specifications.
- Assists with project closeout and documents lessons learned. Participates in post-construction review process.
Planning, Scheduling and Profitability
- Monitors and informs team assigned to project of workload status.
- Participates in project strategy meetings.
- Creates disciplined work plan for Construction Administration Phase for assigned projects.
- Prepares man-hour estimate for assigned projects.
- Assists in monitoring costs of discipline-related outside consultants and project budgets
- Directs technical efforts of staff assigned to the project during Construction Administration Phase
- Monitors key dates, schedule and work plan while communicating with Principle assigned to project and the client.
- Communicates alternative design decisions when required to in house project team and outside consultant as needed.
- Assists in coordinating information with and monitoring discipline-related outside consultants during the Construction Administration Phase
- Oversee or prepares Meeting Minutes and other forms of communications in coordination of project needs and project team.
- 5+ years' experience working as an Estimator.
- 3+ years' experience as a Junior to Mid-Level Estimator
- 5+ years' experience in the Multi-Family, Commercial construction environment
Excellent communication, time management, and documentation skills
Powered by JazzHR