Company: TEACHING PERSONNEL
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £100 - £150 per day
Teaching Personnel are currently looking for an SEMH Science teacher to join one of our schools in the Liverpool area. This is a full-time position, with a view of turning permanent for the right candidate.
This particular school is an independent specialist day school providing high-quality, therapeutic and child-centred education from 11 to 17 years of age. The children come from a wide range of backgrounds but all have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH), and many will also have other Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) such as Autism, ADHD and communication difficulties. Many will have suffered significant trauma and adverse childhood experiences and may have social care involvement.
The successful candidate will be able to manage some complex and challenging behaviours. They will know that the children require lots of attention, the right sort of communication, consistency and flexibility in equal measure, and a non-judgemental approach.
We want the successful candidate to be part of the decision making that drives the school, provides outcomes for children and advocates for every child. We welcome their input in developing both the academic curriculum and the opportunities in our extra-curricular offer – bringing their own interests and passions to the table.
- PGCE and any other relevant qualifications
- Experience teaching within an SEN/SEMH setting
- Deliver a curriculum that spans Entry Level, Functional Skills, Key stage 3 and GCSE
- Hold an Enhanced Child DBS or be willing to apply for one through Teaching Personnel.
- Be a resiliant but approachable individual - this role can be challenging but rewarding, due to the natute of the children.
Benefits of working with TP:
- A team of consultants dedicated to look for roles and to support you once you are in one.
- Competitive wage.
- Access to a wide variety of CPD-training opportunities.
- Potential permanent contracts within your favourite school!
For further information, please contact in the Liverpool branch , or submit your CV today!