Position Title: Technical Architect
Key member of the Real Time Architecture team, you will be responsible for the technical architecture within Real Time Managed Distribution Services (RTMDS) data centre technical refresh across all global regions, to fully understand the current environment, to design key elements of a Next Generation environment to provide a successful migration path for our current customer base.
Key Elements of the Role:
- End to End technical design of Core Infrastructure for New Data Centre builds (includes networking, x86 servers, Linux, virtualisation and automated application.)
- Date capture, network taps, packet brokers and analyser and latency monitoring tools
- RTDS (TREP) Operational knowledge for DACS, ADH & ADS components
- Knowledge of Exchange direct feeds and composite feed sources
- Demonstrable experience with complex project delivery and tight deadlines
- Capture requirements from the existing environment to drive improvements in the new.
- Own the new technical designs & implementation
- Working with the other functions in LSEG, internal teams and our key business partners on the core propositions, for security, governance and adherence to build.
- Responsible for the key areas in the global design standards, governance, buildout & automation for RTMDS Colo's globally and assisting with customer migration.
- Key responsibilities will involve:
- Understand and applying current designs
- Integrations with Refinitiv Lan/Wan & DC teams
- Working with Development Teams
- Close integration with the LSEG Architecture teams and cloud teams for system integration, monitoring systems, asset systems, etc
- Work closely with key stakeholders for Real Time.
- Provide project implementation support during business and occasionally off business hours
- Create and update design and associated technical reference documentation
- Provide input to the manager of the Architecture team to define / refine practices to meet team's objectives
- Train/Coach/mentor others in the Architecture team or partners
- Min of Bachelor of Science Degree with Class 2 Division 1 (or equivalent), preferably in Computing or an Engineering discipline
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Extensive Design/Implementation experience with Market Data Distribution Systems including TREP/RMDS and direct feed handlers
- Extensive experience working in Information Technology
- Recent "hands on" experience in financial services IT .
- Solid experience with LAN and WAN IP Networking, (Cisco and/or Juniper - switching, multicast, routing, firewall/security)
- Solid knowledge of Linux operating systems and some Windows server knowledge.
- Experience working with virtualisation tooling such as Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a global team to deliver high performance and customer satisfaction
- Ability to plan and prioritise work effectively to ensure timely completion of multiple parallel tasks/projects
- Previous experience working for a financial services firm (or vendor that serves them based in London
- Good negotiation skills
- Good collaboration skills
- Good understanding/sensitivity to cultural differences
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with vendors offering Hosting Services to Financial Services (e.g. Equinix, InterXion, Centurylink, BT GFS, etc.)
- Prior experience with Thomson/Reuters/Bridge/Moneyline/Telerate as contractor or employee
- "Real world" experience of market data/trading IT outside of Refinitiv, i.e. have been employed directly by financial services firms (or Refinitiv competitors in the Financial & Risk market segment).
- Experience of design/implementation and/or operation/maintenance of 10G (or higher) bandwidth LANs
- Experience of latency monitoring, packet capture and micro-burst analysis
- Application Programming experience (design/implementation/maintenance)
- Scripting experience (design/implementation/maintenance)
- Experience of ITIL
- Formal Project Management training/qualifications/certifications (Vendor specific or similar Industry Standard/Vendor Neutral)
- Formal Network training/qualifications/certifications (Vendor specific or similar Industry Standard/Vendor Neutral)
- Formal Operating System training/qualifications/certifications (Vendor specific or similar Industry Standard/Vendor Neutral)
- Solid knowledge of System virtualisation products
- Solid knowledge of Relational Databases
- Solid knowledge of Network Storage